Ryanair new checkin policy warning

Started by decho, April 11, 2014, 07:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djk99

I noticed a machine at FUE airport the other day. Didn't have time to look closer, but it looked like a 'document printer' . I'll try to have a good next time for details of prices etc,(unless someone already has). Big yellow machine near the exit to the local  bus stop- arrivals end. 

Villan

Perhaps we can have a list of shops that have internet access and printing facilities.

zedzedeleven

I know of the two I already mentioned, one at the Orange Precinct and the other is the Whereabouts office, both in Corralejo.  I`m sure that any hotel and apartment reception will allow you to use their computer and printer for ten minutes or so. The Maxorata reception had a couple of pc`s in reception for guests to use. It might be a good idea to write down your log in details and password, a fortnight in the sun can make such details a barely remembered memory!
Mentor to the boneheads.

Villan

Good tip Zed.
Better jot down names of wife and daughter as well :)

zedzedeleven

Aye, I know what you mean ! I was doing an international money transfer yesterday, the system allows ninety seconds to complete the transaction or it spits you out. Could I think of my pin number? could I hell. Given that in the ninety seconds you have to put your card in the Pinsentry, tap in your pin, press the right button, read the numbers it generates and then enter them onto the website it`s no surprise it took me more than one attempt. I think I`ll write to my bank suggesting the time period is extended for the feeble minded. Or go into the branch and get a spotty oik to do it.
Mentor to the boneheads.

JoanC

My niece is going over for a week shortly and has just discovered this problem.  Does anyone know of a place in Caletta where you can print off boarding passes for the return flight?

Can the Man

There is an internet Cafe, near the Dulce de Leche near the Roundabout with the small castle on it where you can print out. Below is a photo of the Dulce to help.

You cant miss the place, all the Police hang out around there for their free coffee & cakes. ;)

JoanC

Thanks Crow.  I recognise that place, I'm sure they'll get them sorted there.

Can the Man

Your welcome JoanC

BTW I've reverted back to my original forum name again  :D

Deso

Quote from: Can the Man on May 30, 2014, 14:16:13 PM

BTW I've reverted back to my original forum name again  :D
[/quote

I had noticed  ;)
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Tel501

Quote from: decho on April 11, 2014, 07:25:19 AM
I've just noticed that Ryanairs new checkin policy is that if you don't book seats you can only checkin 7 days before  you fly rather than 15. This is a real pain in the neck if you are going away for 2 weeks and is obviously a deliberate ploy to get passengers to pay the extra for booked seats.
I've always been a supporter of Ryanair until now but if this is MIchaels way of improving customer relationships, its a funny way of going about it!
You will now need to pay for seat bookings or find a printer out there to print your return boarding passes.

As above I will have the same problem printing return boarding passes.
Does anyone know if I can get access to computer and printer in El Cotillo?
If we were staying at an hotel this should not have been a problem, but we are staying at an apartment.
Any help would be appreciated

isleswing

Down the main street, towards the lagoons (Avda de Lagos), on your right, at the top corner of what I recall is the last block. Locatura - internet cafe - will do it for you.
I've not had stuff printed, but I've seen others do it in there. Just internet use has never cost a whole euro!!
Tip. He doesn't have much English, but it's not a problem.
Tip. Draw the @ symbol, and he'll show you how to get it. It varies from one keyboard to another.
Get your Fuerteventura calendar while you're in there.

SheilaW

Do they still print them at the launderette? I'm sure they used to.

Snowdrop

Easy to do in Corralejo.    Go to the roundabout in town and up the Main Street towards harbour.  From roundabout 2nd left (first left has alfonso car hire) then you will see little loctario on corner - think it has French name.  Guy there will print off memory stick or he has computers also.  Round about 30 cents per page.  :-)

Spike On Q

Just got back from Brazil. Printed out our tickets for Ryanair from Barcelona in a hotel in Say Paulo. Two seats,allocated together. -  NO CHARGE. Thousands of people from all over Europe seem to manage to print their tickets out without issue.

SoCal

In El Cotillo...

Quote from: isleswing on May 31, 2014, 10:24:58 AM
Down the main street, towards the lagoons (Avda de Lagos), on your right, at the top corner of what I recall is the last block. Locatura - internet cafe - will do it for you.
I've not had stuff printed, but I've seen others do it in there. Just internet use has never cost a whole euro!!
Tip. He doesn't have much English, but it's not a problem.

I just used this store to print 2 boarding passes. With the small amount of time to download the PDF file and print the 2 pages, the cost was 0.90 euros. As mentioned, the owner is not proficient in English, but is very nice and we had not difficulty communicating.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

smurf

Just reading above posts, just a question can you not use a scanner on your phone or tablet instead of downloading. Flight and tickets ?. I am sure i have seen this before with Ryanair

Globetrotter

Yes been using them a bit now, brilliant idea, no trying to get tickets printed, just remember to keep mobile charged. :D

fatherted

I've used the internet shop opposite the pharmacy in Caleta for printing boarding cards and they only charge â,¬0.50 not â,¬5 like some other places.

Fordyventura

Im flying with Monarch on Saturday and cant check in until 24 hours before i fly .
That 7 times worse than Ryanair