Visitor Numbers Up

Started by Captain Sensible, December 13, 2017, 10:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erik_tonny

When are you going to blame who are really guilty?
All those %@#*& "ladies" doing nothing all day but posting all over facebook how wonderful, fabulous, marvelous and CHEAP Fuerteventura is.

dagwood

Quote from: erik_tonny on December 31, 2017, 16:01:10 PM
When are you going to blame who are really guilty?
All those %@#*& "ladies" doing nothing all day but posting all over facebook how wonderful, fabulous, marvelous and CHEAP Fuerteventura is.
Any you love viewing them in their itsy bitisy teeny weeny etc.

CORNISH BOY

Its tough when we see things change ,I was born and still live in Cornwall and what a change we have seen ,Newquay once a famous holiday destination is now having 5000 houses built ,cornwall is sinking with to many of the wrong type of people coming to the county ,I just hope FV does not go the same way ,it looks like it is growing but at a pace a little slower than other places ,lets hope Egypt ,Turkey gets back on the destination list ,

blata

Its the same with everything in life, I was also bought up in Newquay many many years ago. Cornwall needs tourists  as in the winter there is no industry so everything slows down.
Same as here remove tourists same happens.

Are we guilty of nimbyism , at the moment its not to full so let others enjoy.

malabu

The increase in (VISITORS) increases the wealth to the island and in turn some of that wealth goes back into the Island and yes it is only a small amount, not saying that is necessarily a good thing or bad, but at the end of the holiday they go home, but then we look at the uk 10 years ago 60 million today 66 million increase of 10% and still on the rise difference is they don't go home and put further strain on the already struggling hospitals, infrastructure etc, at the end of the day as stated the whole world is changing some for the good and the opposite obviously exists, who knows where it will end, we have lived here for many years and love everything about the island, but still enjoy our visits back to the UK, there are many many places in the world where change has been resisted and even gone backwards and look at the state they are in. 

Ivemovedon

There's realism and there's nostalgia.I suffer from a bit of both.

MalT

Brits no doubt 😂😂😂😂😂 so glad I dropped in again🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Captain Sensible

AENA today released the statistical data on the movement of passengers at Fuerteventura airport  during the month of December 2017, where a total of 491,607 passengers were registered (arrivals + departures), representing a growth of 8.2 % compared to December 2016.

2017 ended with a total of 6,049,401 passengers (arrivals + departures) which is a growth of 6.6% compared to 2016.

spitfire58

Quote from: Captain Sensible on January 12, 2018, 20:17:35 PM
AENA today released the statistical data on the movement of passengers at Fuerteventura airport  during the month of December 2017, where a total of 491,607 passengers were registered (arrivals + departures), representing a growth of 8.2 % compared to December 2016.

2017 ended with a total of 6,049,401 passengers (arrivals + departures) which is a growth of 6.6% compared to 2016.

Taking it as 50/50 (in & out) that puts the net population growth over the year at 3 million !! Wow. That is some inflow to the island economy. Even if a high proportion of them are AI it still puts phenomenal revenue into the system. The island would really struggle I think if this was to significantly change.

Windermeregolfer

That would be counted as 12 Ashworth 6 out and 6 in, the they also include all the inter island passengers in and out in the 6+million

Captain Sensible

Quote from: ashworth on January 13, 2018, 08:21:59 AM
Quote from: Windermeregolfer on January 13, 2018, 06:51:25 AM
That would be counted as 12 Ashworth 6 out and 6 in, the they also include all the inter island passengers in and out in the 6+million
That means that the Statement that 3 million visitors came to the Island is a mile away. If you take into consideration ex pats and property owners many who come and go several times a year this will reduce the figure by 100,000s.

It's NOT a statement that there were 3 million visitors to the island! ::)  It's just stating how many passengers (arrivals and departures) there were at the airport.

Ivemovedon

The figures don't mean a thing then.

ashworth

Quote from: Ivemovedon on January 13, 2018, 10:26:39 AM
The figures don't mean a thing then.
Well not really 6 million flights some people for the 1st time some for the 12th time so not an accurate view of people arriving as visitor on Holiday. There is one thing for certain in Caleta in 2017. The Hotels are full, the rental accommodating is very busy as are the Bars Restaurants and Beaches and as for scooter hire Booming....

Ivemovedon

Yes I've noticed it's busy. There is no doubt it has benefited from the terrorism threat especially in the winter. It's the safest place to go now to get away from the cold. If it continues to be incident free it looks like it will carry on that way. So hold on to your hats ..it could be a rough ride.

erik_tonny

We have already stated that we are leaving Fuerteventura this spring, mainly because it is getting way to crowded.
All preperations are in place for our return to the Netherlands, where we have a great house waiting for us.
HELP !
In 2017 the number of tourists who visited Holland was up by 11 %
And even higher numbers are expected for this year !

Can the Man

Quote from: erik_tonny on January 22, 2018, 09:29:57 AM
We have already stated that we are leaving Fuerteventura this spring, mainly because it is getting way to crowded.
All preperations are in place for our return to the Netherlands, where we have a great house waiting for us.
HELP !
In 2017 the number of tourists who visited Holland was up by 11 %
And even higher numbers are expected for this year !

Good Bye Erik tonny

paully

I HATE computer thingyss