Avis Extra Insurance SCAM

Started by sarah1312, February 04, 2014, 11:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarah1312

Please note I hire cars all the time at the airport but this is a new scam

Prebooked a car for 11/12 when I went to collect the document was double what I agreed so queried it (Insurance was never mentioned) and the figure was changed to what I had booked.

Went to collect another car 8/1 (this one had been pre paid) told the lady I did not want any insurance I was given a document to sign for 95 euros about the right price so signed just received an invoice in the UK and the 95 euros was for extra insurance and has been taken off my credit card.

Needless to say I am queering but have already been told by booking agent that as I signed the document the payment stands

Just make sure you check as I was not asked on either occasion if I want insurance so believe they are just adding to ever hire now

Sarah Haughian - La Siesta

Can the Man

I am sorry to hear about all your troubles Sarah,

however, there are some lengthy threads on this forum under the Car Hire section that tells people about the problems experienced and scams that have been pulled by the so called Major League Car Hire Firms Hertz, Avis......(who end up only being local franchisee's) and heaven forbid 'Gold Car' which is a regular from interniet booking.

Best avoid them in the future and book with plus car, payless, cabrera medina, or cicars, there are a few others also recommended. The 4 I have mentioned I have used, and the price quoted is the price you pay and includes all the insurance you will need.

I hope your bad experiences won't stop you from coming to the island to enjoy and have a beautiful holiday.

Its also worth looking at the poll on the top of this page, it is a sticky, and shows the voting for the car hire companies in Fuerte  ;)

sarah1312

Anyone else has the same problem.
Just to say preserve and keep telling them over and over you did not ask for extra insurance just had an email to say my 140 euros is being refunded.

But agree with Can The Man just avoid them

Sarah Haughian - La Siesta