Top Car Auto Riesen

Started by Windermeregolfer, November 05, 2015, 17:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windermeregolfer

Used Top Car Auto Riesen for the second time for our latest visit arriving Sat 31/10 and it took over an hour to pick up the car due to the queue, not just Auto Riesen all the other companies also had long queues.

When I returned the car yesterday Wednesday afternoon I asked about this and the very helpful assistant indicated that Saturday is a bad day for picking up a car, they did over 170 rentals last Saturday compared to an average of 40 a day on other days of the week.

Advice if you can don't travel on a Saturday.

The car was good no problems and very reasonably priced.

Dave Diggler

We have always used Top Car & never had a problem with them.  It's pot luck on the queues, generally the queues are shorter at Top Car than at the other desks.  They are always competitive on price, no silly games with the fuel, you bring it back as it was when you took it.  The cars aren't always as new & shiny as the other companies, but I actually prefer a slightly battered car, any dings that you add, aren't as obvious ;)

paully

I used them for the first time in recent years and was pleasantly suprised. They are much improved. All the cars looked in good condition, apart from a sad looking Chevrolet Aveo  ::) .We had a brand new Citroen C3 that even had water in the washer bottle!!..They appear to have taken delivery of a fleet of new Clios as well. No hassles all went well for 134e for 2weeks..

Just a couple of points to watch for, firstly book on the Top Car site, not the Autoreisen for the best price. If you don`t take their insurance for 3e per day to cover tyres and glass etc, then they block 200e deposit on your credit card. That said, there is no hassle at all to take the extra insurance. Its your call. Finally their admin systems at the desk seems a bit cumbersome, and has been commented on other forums, so be a bit patient when you turn up. Otherwise no complaints
I HATE computer thingyss

bedouin

Or try PlusCar next time - no queuing, no insurance scams, no fuel scams.

paully

Straightforward with AR, although I have June`s trip booked with Pluscar..However AR are now cheaper than Plus car for my next 2 weeks, if the price goes down any more then a bit of hassle will be worth it.
I HATE computer thingyss

el caballo hambriento

Regarding queing; I had to wait 1 hr to be processed by Cicar on April 23rd.  The queues at the other car hire booths were nearly as bad.  It was a Saturday, about 7pm.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: el caballo hambriento on May 08, 2016, 11:25:04 AM
Regarding queing; I had to wait 1 hr to be processed by Cicar on April 23rd.  The queues at the other car hire booths were nearly as bad.  It was a Saturday, about 7pm.

If you look at the flight arrivals on a Saturday, between 18:30 and 19:30 there are an average of 10/12 flight arrivals, do the maths!

Windermeregolfer

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on May 08, 2016, 17:40:12 PM
Quote from: el caballo hambriento on May 08, 2016, 11:25:04 AM

If you look at the flight arrivals on a Saturday, between 18:30 and 19:30 there are an average of 10/12 flight arrivals, do the maths!

We now avoid Saturday flights to the island, happy to leave on a Saturday, no not really not happy to leave at all ;D

Can the Man

I collected my Fiat Qubo from Pluscar last Tuesday and I was processed and on my way in about 10 mins.  8)