Insurance through Sabadal

Started by Johnrgby2, November 10, 2016, 08:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnrgby2

Just a heads up.
I insured my car through Direct Line {Linea Direct} last year simply because our cars in the UK were insured with them, they offered me a 50% reduction in my Home insurance as a one off, as a new customer, which I accepted, so when my car insurance was due this year they offered me near enough the same price with the odd added extra, which I renewed, when our house insurance renewal came it is double last years, which is fair enough, however I was in Sabadal yesterday, a Bank I am more than happy with, and enquired about house insurance, their quote waas 50% higher than Linea Direct, as I said just a heads up as I now some off you out there insure your homes through them.

MandK

We use Liberty , got some great deals...

Johnrgby2

Quote from: MandK on November 10, 2016, 12:47:55 PM

Do you have contact details please

decho

Best to contact Robert at Atlantic insurance who are Agents for Liberty. Very helpful guy!

SheilaW

We bank with Sabadell and did accept their house insurance one year because they offered a free transfer of the funds for buying the property if you did that. But we cancelled at the end of the year and went back to Atlantic with Robert. Both cheaper and a slightly better policy. We got to test it out in a very minor way when we had a water leak just our side of the meter. A couple of phone calls (trying to convince someone that a Las Palmas plumber wasn't going to do the job) and an hour later someone turned up and fixed it. Not sure we paid anything at all but might have been a euro or two for a bit of water pipe.

Windermeregolfer

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on November 10, 2016, 13:09:27 PM

Sent you an email with contact details for Caleta Office.

Can the Man

I have has a very bad experience with insurance through Sabadel.
I have been unfortunate to have had an intruder in my apartment who thrashed the place and because he was a 4 legged furry kind the insurance company did not want to know they said I was not covered against vermin. Now if my place had been broken into by a person and thrashed, then I would have been covered. So I visited Sabadel in Atlantico to seek some assistance in appealing this rebuff only to by dismissed by the personnel there that they were not insurance company they were a bank and I should call the insurance company.
Needless to say I will not be renewing my policy via the bank next year. If any of the other banks on the island were any better I would be moving bank also, it looks like we're stuck with the best of a bad lot. Pestige Club member my backside, you are only a pest when it comes to Sabadel

MandK

Pop in and see Yolanda , office next to Chocolate shop in Caleta

emmi

Liberty in Caleta currently have some special cash back offers, although I am not 100% sure if  applies to home insurance as I just saw the notice in the window from a distance!  I am very pleased with my insurance on both car and home with Liberty, and Yolanda in Caleta is most helpful and a very nice person.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: MandK on November 12, 2016, 06:57:23 AM

And where is the chocolate shop in Caleta?

Deso

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on November 12, 2016, 09:31:16 AM

Bahia Sol Locales   :)
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

MandK

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on November 12, 2016, 09:31:16 AM

Behind Fado and El Patio , best coffee and Cake about  :D

Windermeregolfer

Behind Fado and El Patio , best coffee and Cake about  :D

We agree about being the best coffee, cake and chocolates, all home made.  Eric and his wife who run the coffee and chocolate shop are very friendly and helpful, a mind of information.