Red Flat Roof Paint

Started by Wild Rover, October 01, 2017, 15:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Rover

Hi Anyone know where I can get some of the red rubber flat roof paint and any ideas on price/quantity would be greatly apreciated.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Wild Rover on October 01, 2017, 15:11:54 PM
Hi Anyone know where I can get some of the red rubber flat roof paint and any ideas on price/quantity would be greatly apreciated.

Monto, next to Edam in Mattoral would be my first port of call

Wild Rover

Thanks John, have you used it before? If so what size tins and roughly what's the cost?

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Wild Rover on October 01, 2017, 17:17:46 PM
Thanks John, have you used it before? If so what size tins and roughly what's the cost?

When we bought the property there was a 5 Ltre tin here with Monto label so no Idea, but will be in Monto Wednesday and can ask if you want.

woe10

Mine needs to be done every 2 years. Just so you know.

Archer

I'm not a great fan of that red roof paint. Some appears to be very low quality and you often see flat roofs without parapets with big red steaks down the walls.
I use Weber Hydrostop. Get it from Inpescasa. A bit more expensive at about 80euros or more for 20kg tin, but is one of the best. 1 tin covers up to 20msq approx.

Wild Rover

Thanks John, I'm going to try and get some today and see if I can get the job boxed off this week. Thanks Archer, is the stuff your talking about the same colour? The community requires we keep all external features the same.

Archer

Not sure what colours they sell, but we use silver (gris plata).
Good luck . . . not my favourite job  ;D

woe10

Quote from: Wild Rover on October 02, 2017, 08:39:44 AM
Thanks John, I'm going to try and get some today and see if I can get the job boxed off this week. Thanks Archer, is the stuff your talking about the same colour? The community requires we keep all external features the same.

How can they see a flat roof   :'(

Wild Rover

All the properties are Bungalows and we are half way up Chipmunk mountain, Woe!