Pool cover and Pool LED Light

Started by Séan J., December 22, 2016, 11:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Séan J.

Hi all
Looking for a supplier for new pool cover and supply and fit new LED pool light for a kidney shape pool any ideas.
Many Thanks

Windermeregolfer

Not sure where you are located but try these links -

https://www.facebook.com/john.kerkhoff.54

and I believe Mark Bayley is involved with pools - https://www.facebook.com/mark.bayley.104?fref=ts 

erik_tonny

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Wizard OK for initial sales, not good for follow ups in my experience. I'm afraid I can't recommend anyone that I have dealt with! I'll be interested to see who others might recommend.

MandK

We used a great Electrician recently , quality work and reasonable. He is based in Caleta i think. PM if you want details ..

Pandali

Sean,

I got my kidney pool cover from Wizard pools in Corralejo. My wife was there when it was fitted, they left a 2 inch gap which I wasn't best please about, their excuse was that they leave it short so it doesn't damage the tiles ::). I'm still trying to figure that one out! Cost was 360 euros, I'd cut it in position myself if I had the chance again.

For the LED light, do you have a light fitted in the pool already? If so it may be a simple task of changing the bulb to an LED one. You should look to pay around 200 euros for the LED bulb alone, well, that's what I paid, there may be cheaper options around.

malabu

Quote from: erik_tonny on December 22, 2016, 18:20:27 PM
I would not recommand John Kerkhof
Neither would we, we paid 1000 deposite for pool liner and never got it.

Séan J.

any other thoughts on this one.
Thanks.

PS I got stung by two of these.

gattaca66

Not sure how helpful this us, but thought I'd add my own experience. We bought our pool cover from Wizard Pools, and remain delighted with it - top quality (and not cheap!), well-fitted and very effective. However, we got little response from Wizard to subsequent enquiries re cheaper pool-related things, and turned to JK to fit a new pool pump. Good, accurate advice, reasonable price and quick service. The fitter, however, made a couple of basic fitting errors which I quickly spotted and corrected with no serious harm done after he had left. On balance, I'd be reluctant to recommend either as 'first class' for service.

You'd think, wouldn't you, that on an island with a huge number of pools someone would have established themselves as the 'go to' supplier of choice, but at least these two 'big names' are let down by niggling poor service. Maybe a gap in the market for someone with the right attitude and approach to customer service?!

Séan J.

any other thoughts on this one.
Thanks. :(

PS I got stung by two of these.
[/quote]

Snowdrop

Ivemovedon

Never had much admiration for any of the so called pool experts on the island. The only ones who were any good did a pool lining renewal for us but unfortunately they are not in business anymore. Of the two above mentioned, wizard pools are liked by some and despised by others. I never used them because i need a rapport with service providers and i didn't get it from them. Kerkhof i would not recommend as i've had seriously negative dealings with him. As has been said good quality pool experts are at a premium. Good luck anyone requiring major work done....you are going to need it.

Séan J.

Hi all
is there any Spanish companies that supply them. ::) ::)

Archer

Fontaxel appear to be the local choice in my area, they are in (Las Playitas).
Do a google search Fontaxelpiscinasespeciales
This is NOT a recommendation, just information about a Spanish expert, as you requested.
Anyone used them??