Blood pressure tablets

Started by peggy, December 29, 2016, 16:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peggy

Can you buy blood pressure tablets over the counter or do you need to see a doctor for a prescription? ;D

Archer

The Pharmacist told me she could sell any prescription tablet/medicine without a Prescription. The only except is sleeping pills.
We just took in the counterfoil part of an old BP prescription. No prob.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: archer101 on December 29, 2016, 16:59:53 PM
The Pharmacist told me she could sell any prescription tablet/medicine without a Prescription. The only except is sleeping pills.

That is totally incorrect, certain prescription drugs are only available on prescription  here example tramadol.

Snowdrop

Yes you can buy blood pressure tablets over the counter.  Though may need to take two tablets to get the right strength.

woe10

Quote from: Snowdrop on December 29, 2016, 23:12:37 PM
Yes you can buy blood pressure tablets over the counter.  Though may need to take two tablets to get the right strength.

Read the the paper inside. ( como tomar - how to take ) 

bluefox

i find the chemist in the airport the most helpful, at home i get all my tabs from Boot's and i always take the box's i get them in, so all i do is to show them to the pharmacist and no prob's, you'll be shocked at the price ! .....they're so cheap.

Mr G

Are you talking about ACE Inhibitors, the ones ending in .....pril?

woe10

Quote from: bluefox on December 30, 2016, 13:41:51 PM
i find the chemist in the airport the most helpful, at home i get all my tabs from Boot's and i always take the box's i get them in, so all i do is to show them to the pharmacist and no prob's, you'll be shocked at the price ! .....they're so cheap.

The Farmacia in Caleta is tourist prices.

peggy

Quote from: Mr G on December 30, 2016, 16:59:24 PM
Are you talking about ACE Inhibitors, the ones ending in .....pril?
I am taking Amlodopine......

tl2222

My goods lady buys Amlopodine (think that's spelled correctly) over the counter in Caleta pharmacy. They are much cheaper than a UK prescription and now she's registered on the social, there is 90% off the normal price.

Can the Man

Pharmacy in airport is the best.

You will not get antibiotics without prescription and it must be within 10 days of issue