Place In The Sun

Started by woe10, July 22, 2017, 00:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woe10

Another waste of space couple on Place In The Sun today.

Deso

Which channel and when was/is it on?  :)
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

malabu

What a pack of lies, Property down 60%, buy from 15,000, all the guy wanted was a washing m/c, no intention of buying, they wanted an apartment on a complex with no bar and no people, was nothing but a joke, >:( >:( >:(

MalT

Many of these programmes are years old, so facts often incorrect

woe10

Quote from: Deso on July 22, 2017, 10:40:51 AM
Which channel and when was/is it on?  :)

Yesteday Channel 4. 11.00 am  Aplace in the Sun Winter Sun.

Budget of 60K. Found an Apartment they loved in Caleta and could have for 60K but said no. Offered 50K. Pricks

malabu

Quote from: MalT on July 22, 2017, 13:26:41 PM
Many of these programmes are years old, so facts often incorrect

err i dont think this is that old as it shows the new harbour in Caleta.

Windermeregolfer

At least 9 months old, check date at end of prog.

Johnrgby2

MalT

who in their right mind would look at five properties chosen by someone else and make an offer, we spent a week with estate agents trying to get us to buy properties we didn't want! Having said that ended up with great home, that we noticed as walked past. Karma

spitfire58

Quote from: MalT on July 23, 2017, 13:26:42 PM
who in their right mind would look at five properties chosen by someone else and make an offer, we spent a week with estate agents trying to get us to buy properties we didn't want! Having said that ended up with great home, that we noticed as walked past. Karma

A lot of people make up their minds within the first few minutes in a property. You would think that being the biggest purchase of you're lives it would take longer but apparently not. We did all our research ourselves & only went to an agent to see a specific property we were interested in. Having said that, we made our minds up in pretty short order as well, once we saw the one we have got, lol

MalT

The ones that make me smile are the couples who have never even been to the region they are interested in ! They take more time over choosing their clothes! Do no research and have no idea what their money can buy. Rant ends

Ivemovedon

Who would buy at the present exchange rate in a Euro country. Wait till after brexit, the Euro crashes due to lack of funds... then jump in. They will be clambering to get overseas buyers investing.

MalT

Ever the optimist 😂😂😂😂

suendrob

The programme's just cheap entertainment, moving wallpaper; just the same as the antiques shows etc. Not to be taken seriously, though some people do.
When they did home and away, IW and Fuerte, none of the places they showed would appeal to an incomer.
They're designed to get people talking, then coming back to watch next time. It's purely to get us to see the adverts, the same as all tv. Rant over, feeling better now  :)

spitfire58

Quote from: PRIDEspark on July 23, 2017, 16:53:10 PM

Who would buy at the present exchange rate in a Euro country. Wait till after brexit, the Euro crashes due to lack of funds... then jump in. They will be clambering to get overseas buyers investing.

Some things you cannot control. We bought towards the end of last year when we got 1.105â,¬ to the £. Was the worst rate possible really, wish I had done a preemptive exchange a year before when it was at least 1.35â,¬ to the £ but yeah ho, we didn't so it is what it is.
There is always the chance that things could get worse !!

Ivemovedon

It's swings and roundabouts. I sold my property on the island last June at what i thought to be a good price. If I had waited till the present exchange rate I would have made a lot more. But it is what it is, if we could predict the future we would all be millionaires. If you got a property you love, at a price you thought fair at the time, then the money is a side issue.

Stranger Times

Much as it is very calorie light I will always be glad I watched a show a few years ago which first opened my eyes to the relatively low prices in Fuert  Never thought I would ever be able to afford a place abroad, so it has its uses.
As I am actively looking now with view to visiting October I wondered if you guys can answer a Q for me?
On the show one bungalow which was priced at the time as £43K is now double that so have prices now reached and surpassed the pre 2008 crash prices?
Thought you guys might know...

Stranger Times

Thanks for that vivafuerte,
I've been watching market for two years, now I'm ready to go.  I have posted previously that I have only noticed the marina village and the sultan estates (in corrie) rise in that period and sell quickly most of the others have risen in price but not sold for a while.  Several I tracked over a year so I guess you are bang on with the 1.5 average.
I also tried a post to fined the equivalent of zoopla or right move which provides the actual sum properties have sold for not just the asking price but I don't believe there is a Spanish version.
At moment I am looking again at caletta as you can get a property in town centre with outside space for less than Corrie.
I am (as are most buyers for holiday homes) in no critical rush and as there are always people selling up to go back home. Expect to make several low offers see how eager people are to sell.
Fully expect if I have to sell at some point it will happen to me  ::)
Any particular websites you would recommend?

Tamkid

Add 10% on top of any advertised price, and allow a loss of between 6% and 8% deductions off any selling price, the latter is for a non resident, not sure for a resident.

Stranger Times

KWC

Couple of sites here that may be of some help to those looking to buy or rent ?

https://www.fuerteventurapropertyworld.com/

http://www.bliss-properties.com/

Can the Man

Quote from: Stranger Times on July 25, 2017, 16:33:58 PM
I've been watching market for two years, now I'm ready to go.  I have posted previously that I have only noticed the marina village and the sultan estates (in corrie) rise in that period and sell quickly most of the others have risen in price but not sold for a while.  Several I tracked over a year so I guess you are bang on with the 1.5 average.
I also tried a post to fined the equivalent of zoopla or right move which provides the actual sum properties have sold for not just the asking price but I don't believe there is a Spanish version.
At moment I am looking again at caletta as you can get a property in town centre with outside space for less than Corrie.
I am (as are most buyers for holiday homes) in no critical rush and as there are always people selling up to go back home. Expect to make several low offers see how eager people are to sell.

Try Carmen Villazan for Caleta not sure of their website, there is also Just4Sale as well

jill tie

Based on this program I wonder what are house prices like now?   I was going to put up the properties they viewed with the asking prices,   but its been deleted from my sky plus and I can't find it again anywhere.  Would be interested to know what the prices are today for the places they viewed?  I thought it was January 2016,  but johnrgby2 you say 2015 so I may stand corrected?

decho

Quote from: Stranger Times on July 25, 2017, 16:33:58 PM
Asking prices in Marina Village and Golden Park, which were both featured on some of the first Place in the Suns on Fuerte back in 2012/2013, have more than doubled since then.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: jill tie on July 30, 2017, 10:01:50 AM
Based on this program I wonder what are house prices like now?   I was going to put up the properties they viewed with the asking prices,   but its been deleted from my sky plus and I can't find it again anywhere.  Would be interested to know what the prices are today for the places they viewed?  I thought it was January 2016,  but johnrgby2 you say 2015 so I may stand corrected?

According to the lead in titles it Was 2015, at which time the exchange rate was £1 = â,¬1.28, so thats roughly a 12% increase on that alone.

spitfire58

From what I see the asking prices have gone up significantly over the last year or so. That of course doesn't mean that the actual selling prices have risen much. It seems to be the trend to grossly overestimate the value. Also, properties are on the market for a long long time

Banjo

Quote from: spitfire58 on July 23, 2017, 14:09:04 PM

A lot of people make up their minds within the first few minutes in a property. You would think that being the biggest purchase of you're lives it would take longer but apparently not. We did all our research ourselves & only went to an agent to see a specific property we were interested in. Having said that, we made our minds up in pretty short order as well, once we saw the one we have got, lol

A Place in the Sun is filmed over 5 days with prospective buyers spending a whole day in each property. They're left alone for most of the day, it's not the quick tour that it looks on the tv.

malabu

Quote from: Banjo on August 28, 2017, 20:43:13 PM
Quote from: spitfire58 on July 23, 2017, 14:09:04 PM

A Place in the Sun is filmed over 5 days with prospective buyers spending a whole day in each property. They're left alone for most of the day, it's not the quick tour that it looks on the tv.
WRONG, my villa was on a couple of years ago and the prospective buyers spent at the very most 10 to 15 mins in the property, the crew spent about one and a half hours at my villa.  and again never brought anything. 

Banjo

Well that's what Johnny Irwin told me so maybe your property had been dismissed by the buyers before they'd seen it?

I was also told the same by somebody else off the crew so for whatever reason, yours was out of the ordinary. Thanks for spelling out "wrong" in capitals though, I may have missed it if you hadn't done that.