Optimum Time for Nude Sunbathing

Started by Alistairdazzle, February 13, 2018, 08:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alistairdazzle

Even in Fuerteventura there must be an optimum time in the year for sunbathing nude; if it`s too cold everything shrivels up and if it`s too hot everything gets burnt up. I am visiting the island in February, April and July this year and would like some advice from you seasoned experts.

Will196

Daylight?  8)

In a protected area even a cool February day isn't that bad. Obviously later in the year it'll be warmer and you won't be searching for those sheltered spots.

Burn up? Buy and use sunscreen. Have you ever spent a summer in Greece or the south of mainland Spain?  That's warm  ;D

bedouin

If, like me, you just visit Fuereteventura to be naked in the sunshine, then I think Feb is a bit too early.  April/May are fine; Sep/Oct are fine.  In summer - Jun/Jul/Aug - I prefer to go to mainland Spain as the flights are shorter.

Your comment about "too hot" is odd, because Fuerteventura usually has great cooling breezes.  Invest in premium once-a-day sunscreen; I use Ultrasun or Reimann P20, in at least SPF20 or 30.  It works, as long as you're scrupulously careful covering every little bit of you.

I'll be visiting Fuerte again in late April.

Alistairdazzle

Thanks for the advice. I will try sunbathing next week but it sounds like my next visit in April will be better. As for being too hot in July, as I am from the north of England we think it`s ‘scorchio` once the thermometer reaches 15 degrees! I look forward to seeing any other hardy nudists next week on Playa Grande.

Will196

If you aren't used to the sun don't skimp on the sunscreen. It may be cool but if you're pale 50 isn't a bad place to start. But at the very least 30 SPF

Magoo

We have visited Fuerteventura for years at different times of the year. I would say that September was ideal for us. The weather was great but not too hot & the days were still reasonably long. My biggest gripe about Nov - Feb was that you were done and dusted on the beach by 4pm. OK if you are staying local, but we like to do a few beaches across the island.
I too am a Northern Brit who can burn under a 40W light bulb. As well as sunscreen, I always try to get a parasol or some spot that provides shade when I need it.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Hope you get a good tan (without burning). Please, please, please avoid P20 sunscreen if you are staying in private accommodation - it stains bedding, towels, pools, baths etc and is a nightmare to remove - it will also stain your own clothes! Some villas and apartments have banned its use because of the permanent stain damage it's caused - if it's that bad what is it doing to skin?

bedouin

Quote from: TamaraEnLaPlaya on February 16, 2018, 23:35:58 PM
- if it's that bad what is it doing to skin?

Protecting it very effectively from burning and UV damage.

Yes, P20 can stain, perhaps if used excessively and not fully rubbed in.  Ultrasun is a clearer liquid and is less prone to causing stains.

Riverman

Stopped using P20 some time ago. No matter how much you rub it in it always leaves a sticky residue on the skin and if the sand is dry and there is a breeze you finish up like a sheet of sandpaper.

decho

Always used P20 until we ruined our friends good towels?
Now use Piz Buin 1 Day Long and every but as good...and it doesn't stain.

decho

Today would have been a good day for sunbathing nude or otherwise!

Alistairdazzle

Thanks for all the replies. This week I have had 5 days of great weather and have managed to do some nude sunbathing each day. With suitable sun lotion I have not been burnt although yesterday was close. My wife and I got a bus from Corralejo down to the Riu hotels on the Grand Playa. We walked south towards the naturist area but most of the places sheltered from the wind were taken so we headed north past the hotels back towards Corralejo to the naturist area south of Flag Beach. We had an hour of nude sunbathing but at some point it seems that my shirt blew away. It could have been worse as I still had my shorts! There was a very well endowed gentleman there who appeared to have lost all his clothes as he kept walking around all the dunes close to other nudist - I presume he was looking for his clothes rather than showing himself off to everyone! If you do find a red checked shirt there is a â,¬20 note in the pocket; have a drink on me.

MinRich

Quote from: Alistairdazzle on February 22, 2018, 16:00:01 PM
Thanks for all the replies. This week I have had 5 days of great weather and have managed to do some nude sunbathing each day. With suitable sun lotion I have not been burnt although yesterday was close. My wife and I got a bus from Corralejo down to the Riu hotels on the Grand Playa. We walked south towards the naturist area but most of the places sheltered from the wind were taken so we headed north past the hotels back towards Corralejo to the naturist area south of Flag Beach. We had an hour of nude sunbathing but at some point it seems that my shirt blew away. It could have been worse as I still had my shorts! There was a very well endowed gentleman there who appeared to have lost all his clothes as he kept walking around all the dunes close to other nudist - I presume he was looking for his clothes rather than showing himself off to everyone! If you do find a red checked shirt there is a â,¬20 note in the pocket; have a drink on me.

The Toe Man ? Is he still about ?