Ducati at the Barcelo

Started by fatherted, December 05, 2016, 19:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatherted

Ducati are having a press day at the Barcelo tomorrow and theres 45 bikes so be prepared for the journos to be out and about playing with the new toys

Deso

Wonder if Jorge will be there?
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

ashworth

Looks like they are here for 10 days to launch the new bike. They have took over the Barcelo apartment block near the Marina. It looks a serious set up and the bikes are to die for. Not sure if the Stars riders will be out?

Deso

That's good, I'm over on Saturday   :D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

ashworth

ZA Bikers will be attending the World Launch for the Ducati Multistrada 950 at Fuerteventura (Canary Islands). This will be taking place mid December â€" So keep your eye on ZA Bikers for regular updates!!

falkirkdan

I hope the Garda are out and offering them the same welcome as they do other visitors and dole out speeding tickets.

Mr Boo Boo

Quote from: ashworth on December 07, 2016, 10:28:17 AM
Looks like they are here for 10 days to launch the new bike. They have took over the Barcelo apartment block near the Marina. It looks a serious set up and the bikes are to die for. Not sure if the Stars riders will be out? 8)

Guess you mean the Barcello Premium, hope they have gone before we arrive and stay there on the 31st  8) 8)

Spike On Q

There are dealers and journalists from 23 European countries attending Fuerteventura for this major launch.  Friday is a big day with 40 brand new  Ducatis doing the mountain circuit. Caleta, Costa Calma, La Pared, Cardon, Pajara, Betancuria, Antigua and home. (Isle of Man eat your heart out) Full report in next month's Fuertextra. Fuerteventura will feature in every major motor cycling magazine in Europe.  There is nowhere in the world with the roads, the weather and the locals welcome said the Communications Director of Ducati, even Scotland. Fantastic!

Spike On Q

FOOTNOTE:I've done quite a few motor cycle ride outs in Fuerteventura. Hundred of bikes doing the main routes around the island. There has NEVER been an incident or problems with the GC. Stick to the law, they leave you alone!

woe10

Motorbikes all look the same these days, no character . Give me a 1960 Bonneville anytime.

Spike On Q

Give me a 1960 Bonne Woe, they are worth £15 grand now. These are only â,¬10k

Brightspark

Quote from: Spike On Q on December 10, 2016, 23:17:33 PM
Was there a good turnout? I'll watch the video when I get the chance

Spike On Q

Twenty red ones and twenty white ones. Ducati Multistrada 950's all brand new shipped in on two artics from Bologna in northern Italy. Sadly no island representative except me on my 250cc Yammie. I had no chance! I think they broke the speed limit a few times on the run from Paraja to La Pared but not many GC on that road. There were journalists from all over Europe and two I met from the USA. Great PR for Fuerteventura. Enjoy the movie

hogfather

Quote from: Spike On Q on December 10, 2016, 23:17:33 PM

Dont forget to factor in a grand every couple of months for oil :o

bluefox

seen all the bike's on show, most impressive, also the Audi car's, (that i believe now own Ducatti) also looked very impressive, but the truth was it all really p ... d me right off as it stopped me taking my boat out the marina to have a new engine fitted, there was no way a truck could get thru' and i was hoping to see it done before i had to go home, but i heard today and finger's and toes crossed it's being lifted out this friday, looking forward to getting back next month to get some fish back in the freezer.