North or south

Started by h87johnson, January 26, 2015, 20:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h87johnson

Hi me and my wife are looking at a quick getaway but not to sure where to look we are into nude beaches and I would like to try nude hiking but my wife doesn't like the wind to much. Where would be the best place to visit that's hot least windy with lots of areas to strip off and maybe do some snorkelling

Also does fuerteventura have a large nudist area like grancanaria do with maspolomas? 

Also I was looking for a nice hotel that has a nude Area I can only seem to find ones that are completely nudist and I don't think we are quite ready for that just yet

Thank you for any advise

bedouin

The beaches in the south are fantastic for long naked walks.

There's nowhere quite like Maspalomas in Fuerteventura (or anywhere else really!)

We've stayed a few times at the VIK Suite Hotel in Costa Calma.  This doesn't have nudist areas, but each room has a totally private walled courtyard with sunloungers and an outdoor shower.

helsbelles

The Fuerteventura Princess, Jandia Princess and Magic life are all textile hotels with dedicated naturist areas - they are all close together a couple of miles north of Jandia. Take a look at the Gran Natura on the outskirts of Corrallejo - the pool areas/sauna are naturist only but apart from this it's clothing optional and whenever we've been there guests dress (casual) for the restaurant at breakfast/dinner.The beaches are all clothing optional and the unwritten rule is that you cover up on town beaches and beaches in front of family hotels. There is a good chance of wind wherever you go in Fuerte.

h87johnson

Ok thanks guys I will check those hotels out when I get back from work
So if it's windy on the whole is and is the Jandia hotter than correljo? 
It seems these two locations will be best for what I'm after in your experience where is the best for hiking naked and nude beach looking for the largest nude beach so we can go for long walks also want to snorkel if anyone knows where best to do this.
Also if anyone knows of a little cove that is a barrier from the wind
that would be a great help
I'm trying to get my wife to enjoy being nude more she does it but is far to body consious thanks again
harry

jg

For long walks I would suggest the village of El Cotillo.
The area between the village and the lighthouse and east from the lighthouse towards Corralejo is perfect for naked walking and much more interesting than a long boring beach.
JG

decho

There is nothing more beautiful than the walk along the beach from Costa Calma all the way along Sotovento to Jandia at the other end. It will take you all day but there are beach bars along the way you can stop for refreshments. We've done this walk many times both ways and regard as a MUST when staying on the Island - tide does need to out or going out in some parts.
I think the south is warmer than the North and if you are looking for a really nice hotel look at the Faro Jandia in he centre of town. It's lovely and also has a Clothes Optional Spa area.

Lee@Joyce

Hi Harry

As JG suggested El Cotillo is a great place to hike round especially from the village to the light house. We tend to rent a villa in Corralejo as you can drive to El Cotillo in 20 minutes, the villa we book has a pool and we never wear anything if we stay there for the day and ts a good rate £400 to £550 depending when you go.
You also have flag beach just outside Corralejo with miles of sandy beach you can walk along, as other have suggested the wind is all over the island but there are plenty of bunkers on the beaches in bot Corralejo and Cotillo.
Staying in the villa we don't get the wind as its walled, another hotel is Infiniti which depending when you go is clothing optional in the whole or they do have a clothing optional sun deck the whole year round. Never stayed in the hotels so can't comment only what I have picked up from others.
We have never stayed in the South so can't comment driven down a couple of times and spent the day on the beach but that's about it.
If you want the villa we use let me know and I'll paste the link

Hope this helps

Riverman

Can highly recommend Infiniti. It is now clothes optional all year round. However it is very popular so places can be hard to come by. A lot of their clientele book for the same week again as they depart.

Magoo

For snorkeling (nude or otherwise) the El Cotillo  lagoons are the place to be. Lots of fish to inspect when the tide is right. However, I think that you would risk cabin feverif you stayed here for two weeks. We stay in the south & take a day trip

paully

Quote from: Riverman on January 27, 2015, 18:50:12 PM
Can highly recommend Infiniti. It is now clothes optional all year round. However it is very popular so places can be hard to come by. A lot of their clientele book for the same week again as they depart.

+1....You are treated like guests by the owners..We are there March and June
I HATE computer thingyss

h87johnson

If you want the villa we use let me know and I'll paste the link

Hope this helps
[/quote]

That would be great if you could paste a link or pm me
Thank you this is a really friendly forum

sun lovers

It has to be south for you. Massive lengths of nude beach - Sotavento is 17km long in total, but each section is completely different. There are vast open beaches which can be a bit breezy, narrower beach areas with cliffs at the back affording shelter, and vast dune areas - again providing shelter when things get a bit breezy.

We've found the south to be generally sunnier and warmer, and a bit higher quality really. A good standard of hotels, apartmentos and restaurants with no loud boom boom music or loud bars.

Lee@Joyce

bedouin

Quote from: sun lovers on January 28, 2015, 20:48:23 PM
It has to be south for you. Massive lengths of nude beach - Sotavento is 17km long in total, but each section is completely different. There are vast open beaches which can be a bit breezy, narrower beach areas with cliffs at the back affording shelter, and vast dune areas - again providing shelter when things get a bit breezy.

We've found the south to be generally sunnier and warmer, and a bit higher quality really. A good standard of hotels, apartmentos and restaurants with no loud boom boom music or loud bars.

Our experience too; the southern beaches are fantastic.  Having visited a few times, just can't understand the apparent appeal of El Cotillo for some people, it seems scruffy and uninviting.  Otherwise, in the north of the island, Caleta is basically non-naturist and Corralejo is a haven for Brits-abroad and swingers.

MinRich

Quote from: tiger79 on January 29, 2015, 00:32:58 AM
Quote from: sun lovers on January 28, 2015, 20:48:23 PM

Our experience too; the southern beaches are fantastic.  Having visited a few times, just can't understand the apparent appeal of El Cotillo for some people, it seems scruffy and uninviting.  Otherwise, in the north of the island, Caleta is basically non-naturist and Corralejo is a haven for Brits-abroad and swingers.

El Cotillo is scruffy and dirty and not worth visiting , it's like a council tip and smells , don't even bother to go there  :o

paully

So Correlejo is full of swingers Tiger...Luvverly Jubberly I must have missed them all these years...Give us the heads up for where to go seeing as how you are in the know matey...

Oh yer Costa Calma...brilliant if you like to be in bed at 9 and up at sunrise and have a need to keep your fluent German up to speed  :P
I HATE computer thingyss

sun lovers

Can't say I like Costa Calma or can really offer an opinion on its nightlife, but Morro Jable certainly has lots of bars and restaurants open until late (midnight'ish - which is plenty late enough. Whilst Germans most certainly form the majority of tourists and residents, other nationalities give Morro Jable (and Jandia Playa) a cosmopolitan flavour. I admit it does help to speak some Spanish, although all the restaurants have menus in virtually every European Language (unfortunately not Welsh - which doesn't really matter as we understand Spanish and English!)

Lee@Joyce

Tiger

The appeal of El Cotillo is the beach mad the sea which is out of town Especially down towards the lighthouse. As for swingers in Corralejo I must have missed it all the times I've been don't know were you stayed or what you were involved in but we have never seen anything like swinging.

capricornukuk

Don't know what all the negativity is about relating to El Cottilo ? Although I have always stayed in correljo , I love visiting Cottilo nice beach sheltered parts for snorkeling and a nice tranquil resort to chill out :)

SheilaW

Yes, El Cotillo is scruffy. So is Corralejo, though if it's full of swingers they're very discreet ones. Frankly, if both places were twee, all ordered lines, clean as a whistle and chocolate-box pretty I doubt I'd have chosen to live here. Nothing wrong with a bit of scruffiness, to my mind.

jg

I had always avoided the south on the basis of what I had read about the hotels, ambience and development of the resorts but this year I decided to go down for a day visit.
It was much worse than I feared.

A lot of people seem to like that sort of thing for their holiday, though - horses for courses.
JG

SoCal

As someone not from the UK or Deutschland, here is my biased opinion:

Costa Calma / Morro Jable and Corralejo are similar in night life. North has more interesting dunes, but the south has longer beaches. In terms of not worrying about attire, both are similar. On average, the south has better weather; however, El Cotillo has the best sunsets thus longer days. Only La Pared can compete.

If you are an occasional nudist, the south will probably have more options. . If you value extreme nudism, El Cotillo provides the maximum time to worry the least about having to put on clothing. If you value cultural experiences, don't even get on the plane - this island is a rock of tourism with occasional Spanish influences.

As a militant nudist who wants long beaches and dislikes tourism, I found that El Cotillo was best for accommodations, the dunes of Corrolejo was best for clothing free hiking, and Sotovento was best for long, clothing-free walks. Puerto del Rosario is the most indigenous town on the island.

I would pay more if El Cotillo were at the location of Costa Calma.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

sun lovers

Quote from: jg on February 03, 2015, 07:57:50 AM
I had always avoided the south on the basis of what I had read about the hotels, ambience and development of the resorts but this year I decided to go down for a day visit.
It was much worse than I feared.

A lot of people seem to like that sort of thing for their holiday, though - horses for courses.

What an odd post - perhaps JG, you could elaborate on what "sort of thing" attracts us to Morro Jable? Is it the fantastic beaches on the Jandia Peninsula, the excellent restaurants in the old town or the dramatic walks in the mountains.

Or maybe it's the higher standards that German and Scandinavian clientele demand. No pints of lager, kiss me quick hats, 'Mandy's 50th Birthday T-shirts' or boom boom music down there for these horses!

From what we've seen in the north - Corralejo seems to be a dumbed down Canarian version of Benidorm - lots of English Bars and Asian Restaurants, whilst El Cotillo looks like a place that hasn't been loved. Both appear extremely exposed to the north wind - something one can find shelter from on the southern peninsula. Everytime we visit, we are pleased to see the weather improve as we drive south from the airport - it's certainly noticeable.

As far odd horses - there's not much stranger than the curious videos JG posted recently from El Cotillo. Nude bike riding - oh dear! Please stay in the north!

paully

Ok so you find the north a `bit common`...some of us like the bustling atmosphere, the diverse and different people and all that goes with it...Not everyone though is appreciative of the shall we say southern culture, or Munich by the sea if you prefer, with its PT on the beach at 0700hours and lights out at 10.30pm  8)...as for weather, any difference is relative..The whole place is rather warm, its one of the reasons people come here..Never mind please stay in the south  ;D
I HATE computer thingyss

sun lovers

Oh Dear!

I appreciate that the south of Fuerte will not suit many of the tourists who prefer "Corrie". However, there is a rather unfortunate anti German theme that tends to permeate - which many people really need to get over. Actually, keeping fit is rather a good attribute rather than slugging endless Carlings. -*

Ivemovedon

Jandia is a place with no soul. Every bar and restaurant looks the same ,no backstreets to the strip and endless Germans parading backwards and forwards gawping at those already eating. Beach is good but then they are not bad in the North, without the raucous bellowing of hundreds of krauts in the beach bars. Morro Jables is nice. But small ,you can walk round the places worth seeing in 15 minutes. Its the only part with an any Spanish cultural flavour at all.

sun lovers

Therein lies the unfortunate problem. The English think the Germans are loud, the Germans think the English are drunk and loud.

The fact is.......the rest of us know that both are true!   >:(

Ivemovedon

The Germans are quite prone to enjoying a few drinks. The Scandinavians even more so. The South is best for naturists no question but the north has far more to do, better resorts and a better holiday destination if you don't want to strip off completely.

And we don't nick all the sunbeds at 5 in the morning.(Well we do now but only because like the war they started it)

paully

Perhaps another rather inconvenient truth, for some at least, is the increasing numbers of German and Scandinavian visitors making their way to the Northern resorts, yes even to El Cotillo .Not that many years ago there were very few, now there are many adding to the diverse nature of Correlejo, which is one of its charms and strengths. Just goes to show eh!!   8)
I HATE computer thingyss

Ivemovedon

At our place in the north we get Germans, Dutch,  belgians Spanish, and even Latvians. Theres not many we dont get
It has not changed in 10 years. The only ones we don't get any more which we used to are irish   Not sure why that is but it's been very noticeable.