Payless.es another great experience

Started by Can the Man, October 14, 2015, 14:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can the Man

Had another successful car hire with these guys last week. Fiat Panda for â,¬80 for a week, hung on to the car for some extra hours and only charged â,¬11 - 1 days extra rent.

20k n the clock and in very good order.

luvfuert

Thanks for your post, looking to come over to view properties in the next couple of weeks.
I normally stay in Costa Calma and hire a car as and when I need it, but have now taken early retirement and hoping to live the dream on Fuerte, so will hire a car for a week so as to go out and about as I wish.
Visited mainland Spain two weeks ago and wasn't impressed with the hire service(Redcar?).
Is insurance for the week included and do you have to pay a ridiculous waiver fee? Are there any hidden costs that I should know about?

Many thanks

Luvfuert

paully

Payless, Cabrera Medina and CiCar are all the same company and have the same terms...Full comprehensive Insurance with no excess..No waivers or blocks on your credit card. No fuel scams ie bring it back with the same as you collected it with. Also, all three have desks at the airport. Autoreisen and Autoplus car also have similar terms. Stick to any of these companies and you will be fine..Don`t go for any of the `off airport` or prepay fuel`full to empty` merchants. That way you should have a trouble free time..

I HATE computer thingyss

luvfuert

Thanks for that Paully. I take it I just need a passport and driving license?

paully

Yes take both and card or readies and drive away...have a good time  8)
I HATE computer thingyss

luvfuert

Just booked with payless, 3rd to 10th February, 111  euros for fiesta or similar. Very happy thanks.

Lots of viewings all over the Island muy bien.

cllrcollins

Anybody used Goldcar recently? Do they have any sneaky tricks? The price I'm getting is â,¬34 cheaper than Payless or Autoplus? Thanks.

Deso

Unless they have changed their spots, they charge for extra driver, supplement for 'full' insurance and charge for a tank of fuel at inflated prices.

Lots of bad reviews.
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

paully

Just google `Goldcar complaints`..there`s enough reading to keep you busy for a week. .What they scam you on the insurance, never mind the fuel will effectively double the headline price...Not people to do business with

Goldcar`s business plan seems to be to keep a low headline rate so those looking for the cheapest price fall for it. The constant reports on Trip Advisor proves that fact.

Trying to shave a few Euro`s off a car hire price is usually when all the problems start. Autoplus car are the cheapest at the moment, good reports on them and you don`t have to wait to be taken to Mattoral to wait an hour in a queue of angry tricked punters..
I HATE computer thingyss

jaynek65

We always use Plus Car (used them 9 times now), just booked again for 2 weeks in May for 122 euros, great not faffing around in the terminal queuing at hire car desks, you just walk out of airport, up the ramp to car park and they are waiting for you with the car, Show your passport and Driving License, pay and go, can be done start to finish in 15 mins from collecting bags ;D.

Just return the car to the car park when you go home, leave same amount of fuel in tank, put keys and car park ticket under mat and off you go, No-one normally around to check the car back in so very quick process ! (although I do worry that someone might drive off in the car after I have left it - not sure where you would stand if that happened, fingers crossed it never does!)