New information about Esquinzo beach...

Started by SoCal, January 18, 2014, 01:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal

While "surfing the net", I came upon some startling information. According to this website about beaches in Spain:

http://explorecorner.com/beaches/spain/esquinzo-beach.html

"Esquinzo beach is situated in a small town of El Cotillo on the western coast of Fuerteventura...", but the map places it on the far south east side of the island. ???

But what was really upsetting to read was, "The beach..is not nudist friendly." :o  :'(

Feel free to write a review of the beach on their website.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

Voldermort

Hi SoCal..what a load of rubbish..Very inaccurate..even says August is the best month to visit  :o  where do they get such idiots from..Have done a report for the site..Thanks for flagging it up..Best wishes

jocelyne81

There appears to be a second 'esquinzo beach' located in the El Cotillo area.

But the Esquinzo beach we are generally hearing about is located about 5 kms north-east of Morro Jable in the Jandia Peninsula.
This is where you will find Club Magic Life, Fuerteventura Princess, Club Jandia Princess, Club Robinson Esquinzo and the very officicial nudist Monte Marina Hotel, and there is no doubt this Esquinzo beach is at least 'clothes optional beach' and in fact mainly nudist - although not officially/exclusively nudist.

Jocelyne

Quote from: SoCal on January 18, 2014, 01:19:53 AM
While "surfing the net", I came upon some startling information. According to this website about beaches in Spain:

http://explorecorner.com/beaches/spain/esquinzo-beach.html

"Esquinzo beach is situated in a small town of El Cotillo on the western coast of Fuerteventura...", but the map places it on the far south east side of the island. ???

But what was really upsetting to read was, "The beach..is not nudist friendly." :o  :'(

Feel free to write a review of the beach on their website.

SoCal

One objective of the posting was to remind people that us nudists actually have a good sense of humor.  ;D  However, postings do not always properly communicate the sarcasm that was intend.  :( 

I look forward to walking nude around both El Cotillo and Esquinzo beach when I return - and there is no sarcasm in that statement.

mikets

The compilers of that site seem to have no local knowledge - they've positioned Puerto Rico beach (which is on Gran Canaria) between Costa Calma and Gran Tarrajal on their map.  I'd guess they've just gathered material from other sources and combined information about both Esquinzo beaches into that item - the "no facities" clearly refers to the beach south of Cotillo, but the "beach can get quite crowded" must refer to the main Esquinzo beach.  However, I'd be surprised if the other Esquinzo beach is not nudist-friendly.

Banzai

you DEFINATELY can be Nudist on and around that area ,10 visits to Occidental (now Magic Life) we know !!!
Banzai !

notdeadfred

The Esquinzo beach in Jandia is most definitely nudist friendly. The report on this website seems to relate to another beach near El Cotillo in the north of the island.

I also submitted a review to the site over a week ago. So far no acknowledgement from them, but they have now updated the map on that Esquinzo page to show the correct location (ie it doesn't show the Jandia Esquinzo anymore).

SoCal

Turns out there is an Esquinzo beach on the west side of the island, just south of El Cotillo. Great for surfing.