Plus Car

Started by Devonia57, October 08, 2012, 11:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can the Man

Quote from: Deso on November 05, 2013, 15:19:46 PM
Have you tried  info@autopluscar.com  that is the mail address that your confirmations come through from and I have had replies to questions on that one.

I emailed that address about 6 weeks ago when I discovered my flight time had changes, and then I emailed again looking to know had they received it and what were the arrangements to be met at the airport car park.

I did not get a reply to either email  :(

I said this to the guy who met me in the car park, he told me once they send teh confirmation with the meet  up details and they have your flight number, then there is no problems. He also said that email address went to an office in Lanzarote

Trumpy

Used Plus Car for the first time, all very good and even got a bigger car then I ordered. Fast sevice at the airport, no catches, decent cars and reasenable pricing.

Mark07

Trumpy, that's good to hear. We are using them for the first time in March. Just one question, what was the process for handing the car back? I e-mailed them to find this out, but the reply wasn't very clear.
Thanks.

Deso

Take a ticket when you come back to the airport car park, leave the car at the bay where you picked it up, or nearest one, and leave key and ticket under floor mat.  Simples!  ;D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Mark07

Thanks Deso. Simples indeed!

jaynek65

We have used pluscar 3 times now, ( and again booked for April) and found them so easy to use, you collect from bay 931 (out of the side door at airport - directly opposit when you come out of arrivals, not the main exit door to the right !) Go up the ramp on the left and hey presto the bay is right there. When returning car, leave in or around bay 931 and the guys are normally there waiting anyway, if not leave key under drivers seat.

It really could not be easier, we are normally away within 15 mins of leaving the airport arrivals area ! and normally while others are still looking for their coach  :P

Deso

Quote from: jaynek65 on January 15, 2014, 16:12:15 PM
We have used pluscar 3 times now, ( and again booked for April) and found them so easy to use, you collect from bay 931 (out of the side door at airport - directly opposit when you come out of arrivals, not the main exit door to the right !) Go up the ramp on the left and hey presto the bay is right there. When returning car, leave in or around bay 931 and the guys are normally there waiting anyway, if not leave key under drivers seat.

It really could not be easier, we are normally away within 15 mins of leaving the airport arrivals area ! and normally while others are still looking for their coach  :P

The bay has changed now, it is 531, nearer to the entrance to the car park or farther to the left as you come out of the arrivals terminal.   ;)
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Can the Man

Quote from: Deso on January 15, 2014, 18:02:17 PM
Quote from: jaynek65 on January 15, 2014, 16:12:15 PM

The bay has changed now, it is 531, nearer to the entrance to the car park or farther to the left as you come out of the arrivals terminal.   ;)

That's right, we used plus car in October. And it was bay 531.

jaynek65

weird, we also went in October and it was bay 931 (just checked my email from them) It was also 931 in April and the previous October, maybe they have changed it now, I will find out next week when I book them again for April :-)  Either way it was such an easy transaction, Lets hope they don't become to popular and their standards drop !

Can the Man

Jaynek65, my confirmation email from Pluscars for last October originally said bay 931, but when I got there and called the guy, he told me to go down to 531, I collected from there and thats where I was to leave it back to.

Trumpy

Mark07,

The other thing is when you collect the car they give you a car park exit pass so there isn't any parking charges. When you return the car go past the first entrance to the car park as that is for the rental companies that have offices actually at the airport. Carry on past and stay in the lane saying parking. Take a ticket at the barier and leave it under the drivers mat with the keys.

It's all straight forward. They also allow two drivers per hire.

Mark07

Cheers Trumpy for the extra info.

The e-mail confirmation I received a couple of weeks ago states bay 531.

Bit of a worry about the 2nd driver as "er indoors" is threatening to do some driving in March. Watch out everyone!!

Can the Man

Mark it'll be no problem to her. Fuerte is one of the easiest continental countries to drive in. Tell her just to remember always keep the steering wheel to the middle of the road position rater than edge of the road and she can't go wrong. :)

Magoo

Just watch out for the Lycra louts who seem to be multiplying in numbers every time I visit.  ;D

amberambler

Quote from: Magoo on January 18, 2014, 10:09:13 AM
Just watch out for the Lycra louts who seem to be multiplying in numbers every time I visit.  ;D

And all of those kids on that roundabout

amberambler

Just got back from 2 weeks using Pluscar.
£162 for 2 weeks.
Hire inculded all insurance, and collected car with half tank of fuel, to be returned with half tank of fuel.
Car was certainly not new (40,000km) and pulled very slightly to the right on occasions. At that price is was a minor inconvenience to put up with.
It was clean on collection and had water in the washer bottle!

Would I use them again?
Definitely!
:P

SoCal

Quote from: Magoo on January 18, 2014, 10:09:13 AM

Sorry, my English isn't very good. What does "Lycra louts" mean?
Biking and beaches - total freedom

lionfish

I think the poster is referring to the large number of cyclists on the island who take over the roads and ride in such a (dangerous) way that motorists are inconvenienced.
Lycra is the material their clothing is made from - hence Lycra louts.

isleswing

UK and US     Two nations divided by a common language.

Lycra = Spandex

bedouin

Quote from: isleswing on February 26, 2014, 11:08:48 AM

Lycra = Spandex

isleswing = islelifestyle

;)

zedzedeleven

No no no , it`s a defensive derogatory term used by fat sweaty morbidly obese couch potatoes who are pathologically jealous of anyone that can not only move around but move around unaided and enjoy it as well. Said couch potatoes will use any opportunity to vent their bitter jealousy and quite often lie unimaginatively in a forlorn attempt to justify their jealousy. A good example is the fury with which they react if a cyclist ignores a red light or rides on the pavement. Hardly the crime of the century but by god does it needle them as they sit in the traffic jam slowly stewing in the noxious gases of their own putrid digestive system.
Mentor to the boneheads.

isleswing

Quote from: tiger79 on February 26, 2014, 12:55:40 PM
Quote from: isleswing on February 26, 2014, 11:08:48 AM

Lycra = Spandex

isleswing = islelifestyle

;)

Or it could refer to winging our way from one Island to another   ;) ;)

falkirkdan

Quote from: zedzedeleven on February 26, 2014, 15:14:41 PM
No no no , it`s a defensive derogatory term used by fat sweaty morbidly obese couch potatoes who are pathologically jealous of anyone that can not only move around but move around unaided and enjoy it as well. Said couch potatoes will use any opportunity to vent their bitter jealousy and quite often lie unimaginatively in a forlorn attempt to justify their jealousy. A good example is the fury with which they react if a cyclist ignores a red light or rides on the pavement. Hardly the crime of the century but by god does it needle them as they sit in the traffic jam slowly stewing in the noxious gases of their own putrid digestive system.

Bloody cyclists >:( >:( >:(

isleswing

And then the cyclist's arrogant attitude towards the law, and cycling on the pavement led directly to a poor innocent chap's death.

Not that your post had any connection with the topic of car hire.

SoCal

As an avid cyclist, I ask that you don't paint all cyclists with the same brush. Cycling is a wonderful cardiovascular activity that keeps the weight down (we cycle to eat!) and prolongs life.

But I have seen drivers think that by being on a bicycle they don't have to obey the traffic laws. This is completely false. Cyclists who do not stop at red lights or fail to ride in the road with car traffic should be ticketed and I have asked police to enforce the laws. Law breaking cyclist give law abiding bicyclists a bad name.

I'm particularly sensitive since I was once hit by a car at an T-type intersection because the car cut the corner too sharply and drove on the wrong side of the road. Even though the driver admitted to being at fault, a "witness" said that I must have failed to stop at the stop sign "because he is a cyclist".

So don't assume all cyclists are jerks - please support law abiding cyclists, we reduce the smog. I don't care what you call those who break the law regardless of their vehicle.

(In the US, pavement=road, so I'm assuming you mean the bad cyclists are on the sidewalk or "footpath". Yes?)

P.S. I'm going to rent from Plus Car for the first time based on the positive recommendations of this forum participants. Thank you.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

Can the Man

SoCal, any chance of you coming to Ireland and teach our cyclists how to obey road signs, traffic lights etc....

I was a cyclist in my younger days, and would always obey the RotR, but a lot of my mates didn't bother, now with the introduction of cycle lanes and bus lanes the cyclists do what they like, including cycling on the footpath 2 & 3 abreast even when there is a cycle lane  :o, most frustrating.

Any way back to the subject of plus car, I pick up my car this day 2 weeks, it will be my 3rd time to use them.  8) 8) 8)

zedzedeleven

Quote from: falkirkdan on February 27, 2014, 23:39:21 PM

Bloody cyclists >:( >:( >:(
Bloody Scotchmen, vote yes and then we will be rid of you sponging off us.
Mentor to the boneheads.

zedzedeleven

Quote isleswing < And then the cyclist's arrogant attitude towards the law, and cycling on the pavement led directly to a poor innocent chap's death.>
What a gormless comment, typical of stupid and ignorant motorists. What`s the ratio deaths caused by cycling vs. deaths caused by motorists? I knew, I just knew, the uneducated and ignorant would leap unthinking to the defence of the holy car.
Mentor to the boneheads.

zedzedeleven

SoCal, yep, the pavement is the sidewalk, and justification for cycling on the pavement can be simply that it`s common sense in certain circumstances. If there is a long stretch of deserted pavement alongside a busy road then why not cycle along it? keep out of harms way, it works both ways, no "bloody cyclists" impeding the vital progress of the self important motorist who is on a vital life saving mission to the supermarket. Somewhere in America is a stretch of promenade (Venice Beach?) that is multi use, it has cyclists , roller bladers , skateboarders, pedestrians and multi talented unicycling jugglers, all getting along quite nicely . It works because of the absence of psycho car drivers who will kill before yielding right of way.
Mentor to the boneheads.

isleswing

Quote from: zedzedeleven on March 01, 2014, 10:26:09 AM
Quote isleswing < And then the cyclist's arrogant attitude towards the law, and cycling on the pavement led directly to a poor innocent chap's death.>
What a gormless comment, typical of stupid and ignorant motorists. What`s the ratio deaths caused by cycling vs. deaths caused by motorists? I knew, I just knew, the uneducated and ignorant would leap unthinking to the defence of the holy car.

See the "Justice - British Style" thread on General Chat.