Private transfer - New Road

Started by hairybiker, February 16, 2015, 12:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairybiker

I've just had a quote for private transfers (Airport to Grandes Playa, Correlejo) in June 2015 for £120.

Last June I paid less than £60.

Is the new road expected to be open by then, the longer journey meaning higher fares?  Have taxi fares increased dramatically in the last year?

decho

You'd be cheaper hiring a car from PlusCar!

hairybiker

Quote from: decho on February 16, 2015, 17:15:58 PM
You'd be cheaper hiring a car from PlusCar!

May be, but I don't want to hire a car.

And AFAIK, while the car hire deals look good on the surface (for a week, when I am going for 2 weeks). they aren't so go good when you take the fuel charges into account.

decho

Fair enough, but in actual fact PlusCar don't have any 'fuel' scams - hon leave it with the same amount if fuel as you get it.
To your original question I very much doubt the new road will be open by then.
What not try Resorthoppa....they have a good reputation and a shared transfer to Corralejo is about â,¬10 return. Often you will be the only person on the bus.

dee-dee

Booked transfers through Travel Republic...£9 each return to Corralejo  ;D

hairybiker

Quote from: dee-dee on February 17, 2015, 06:56:31 AM
Booked transfers through Travel Republic...£9 each return to Corralejo  ;D

That's a very good price for a PRIVATE transfer!!!

Resorthoppa quoted me £120 for a PRIVATE transfer

dee-dee

I suppose it could be classed as a private transfer as last year we were the only ones on the coach  ;D

Elite of the forum

do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

duncolm

The last info I saw re the new road was that there won't be any budget to continue work before 2017...

hairybiker

So it looks like the deal I got in June 2014 was a VERY good deal and is no longer available.