Maravilla Apartments

Started by jg, July 17, 2012, 13:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jg

Maravilla Apartments are located North of the village on the lagoons about 100 yards before you get to the beach bar and are ideally situated for the beach naturist.
If you rent one of the sea view or side view apartments you can go from breakfast table to the sea without bothering to dress. On some weeks this is also possible from the pool view apartments but it depends very much on who else is staying at the time.
The same applies to using the small unheated pool. When I last stayed there was no problem with using it naked but this is not always true.

While they are perfectly clean and comfortable they do not come up to the standard of more modern blocks but the location can more than compensate for that.
I understand that the owner lives in the adjacent private house.
JG

waggy

Have stayed twice in the very basic side view appts. but have not regretted it one bit. Needs a coat of paint and you have to pay extra for some things, like a micro-wave. But a v short stroll to left or right along the beach gives you fishing or swimming in 2 minutes.  Ideally positioned.
Gets a bit draughty through the centre of the buildings sometimes but sunning on the outside patio next to appt door, overlooking the beach and lagoons, is excellent. Good for birding too - hoopoe, trumpeter finch, and some rarities on the land around.
A nice stroll  to town of an evening to La Capitana for good sunset views and terrific seafood or stay at home with a bottle and some grilled fish with stir fry watching 'Withnail & I'.
A very chill-out kind of place.

andynelly

Have stayed at Maravilla twice, in a side sea view studio over New Year 2009 and a pool view studio in Feb 2012.  The accommodation is very basic but as others have said, it has the location as compensation.  If you're used to camping and caravan holidays rather than 5-star hotels, you'll like it!  Maravilla is naturist friendly - outside the studios, in the pool (was rather cold when we were there), around the complex and down the steps onto the beach, the management welcomes naturists. I would definitely go back again. 

jg

I was at Maravilla again January 2013 and it was even naturist friendlier than I remember, even to extent of  nakedness in the reception office.
JG

SoCal

Quote from: jg on May 08, 2013, 10:29:53 AM
I was at Maravilla again January 2013 and it was even naturist friendlier than I remember, even to extent of  nakedness in the reception office.

I suspect that was you JG.  ;D

It has been my experience the naturist rating for Maravilla ranges from near zero to 70% when one excludes me in the calculation.  The last time I was there, everyone facing the sea on the south side, which means facing the road, was a nudist. Other times, I was the only one. 

There was one time in particular which was amusing. When I arrived, everyone was using a bathing suit, but after 1 day of me walking from the room to the beach with only a towel, most of the women became nudist (or topless with a very small g-string.)  This effect reflects a comment made by several women: men in clothes are more intimidating than men without clothes.
Biking and beaches - total freedom