Fire stick?

Started by MalT, December 04, 2016, 11:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalT

Back out in couple of weeks and had 'wi fi' installed in apartment whilst away, any ideas on what I could take out by way of fire stick, etc, that would work in Spain, or doi need to buy an android box out there? Thx

Johnrgby2

Quote from: MalT on December 04, 2016, 11:31:07 AM
Back out in couple of weeks and had 'wi fi' installed in apartment whilst away, any ideas on what I could take out by way of fire stick, etc, that would work in Spain, or doi need to buy an android box out there? Thx

I use an android box I bought in the UK and it gives me all terrestrial channels all sky channels plus dozens more, including 8/9 b Bien channels ideal for a soccer fan one of which I am not, and works well my download speed is 8/9 MBS which copes with myself watching TV managment using her kindle, and visitors with their Ipads, I paid about £75 for mine, but yo can get them much cheaper now, check out this people Tomtop they ship out of china, but also have a UK warehouse, I have bought some bits off them for a friend and he rates them despite how cheap they are

Windermeregolfer

Like JR we use an Android box which I bought in the UK on Amazon for £39 - 4K Smart TV Box - MXQ Pro Amlogic S905 Android 5.1 Quad Core CPU 1.6Ghz-2Ghz TV Box full HD 1080p Video Media Player.

Got it programmed with JR's great advice and it works fine, hope I can remember how to do it when we arrive tomorrow.

Globetrotter

Snap, got mine from local market £20, works well, watch everything we need even with speeds of 2mb which is the norm. :D

mooro

I have 4 meg , tried a stick but it struggled especially at peak times now use an android box ( 100 euros) and works fine. I have not tried a stick on 6 meg or above.

MalT

Thanks for advice, buying an android box .