Risco del Paso - beach bar

Started by SoCal, April 07, 2014, 21:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal

Beer was very cold (sorry, Americans prefer it this way.) However, the "breast" of chicken dish with potatoes and tomatoes left much to be desired. Potatoes were french fries, which weren't bad considering, the chicken was hammered to the consistency of shoe leather. Though again, given that I have not had a high quality piece of chicken or beef on this island, that isn't saying much.  And the tomato was nearly green. I thought tomatoes grew on this island? Why haven't I tasted one even as good as the inexpensive generic tomatoes we get in the supermarket in America?

So if you are looking for a reasonable size of cold beer on the beach, this is a fine place to stop at. (I noticed the Germans ordered hamburgers, which looked worse than McDonald's.)
Biking and beaches - total freedom

conniebee

I suppose this is  the bar attached to the Risco del Paso Rene Egli windsurf school  ?  Don't think there is any other.  GPS:28º 06´40,83¨ N - 14º 15´46,42¨ O. Thanks for the review. Stick to beer is good advice. Don't know what they do with all their tomatoes- export maybe.
conniebee

SoCal

You are correct, this is the one at the end of the road, attached to Rene Egli windsurf school.

bedouin

Did you walk south from there?  It's the most lovely stretch of beach.

SoCal

Agreed about the beach. Both directions are lovely.  One of the best places on the island.

bedouin

Quote from: SoCal on April 09, 2014, 10:05:28 AM
Agreed about the beach. Both directions are lovely.  One of the best places on the island.

It is!  I'll be there in 5 weeks' time - really looking forward to it.

Archer

Just to update anyone thinking of looking for this place. It's gone!
The ugly tent and everything associated with Rene Egli has been removed.
The Windsurfing is now organised by Club Mistral, as in Costa Calma, and there is some limited kite surfing, now. The contract changed last year.
If you want Rene Egli, he has consolidated his operation around the Gorriones Hotel, up the road.