New Indian Restaurant on main street into village

Started by MinRich, September 20, 2016, 14:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinRich

Anyone been here , looks a little expensive on initial view of the menu. May give it a try this week or next.

warriors

Looks like you will have to offer the first review minrich,let us know of you go

MinRich

Asked others while we were there about this restaurant , nobody we spoke to had tried it apart from one who are regulars in Cotillo who won't be going back. Also when all the other restaurants are busy this one isn't.

Mark07

Eventually plucked up the courage to try this place on our recent hol. After several walkpasts picked an evening when there were at least 3 other tables taken. As a reference point we both picked biryani meals which cost 11 or 12 euros each. Service was good as you might expect. Nothing remarkable about the food but good size portions & perfectly ok, slightly different style to our home curries. Rice was quite moist & accompanying sauce was more like a spicy gravy. Interestingly, as the other diners left, we only heard complimentary comments. They appear to be open every day, lunchtimes & evenings. Lunchtime special on offer for under 10 euros.

mark09

Have to say that this had to be the best indian cuisine we have had in ages. I dont understand the idea of it being overpriced as portions were more than substantial and the chef is very well accomplished in his craft. If you want quality food then this is the place to go .

Logitechtom

This is no longer an Indian Restaurant, it has changed over to pizza's.  Understand there wasn't enough business to support it as an Indian. Same owner, same staff, just a different menu.

duncolm

Curries are still on the menu though.
And it still smells like a curry house when you walk past at night.

Banjo

Being from Brum, the home of the Balti I'm very fussy about Indian restaurants that I may or may not venture into. This one didn't entice me, I've only had one anywhere in Fuerte (Corralejo) and I didn't rate it very much at all.

The Chinese down by El Goloso is well worth trying though, not that I claim to be any sort of aficionado on the subject.

TripleH

The Indian is now closed! I have heard the new people have something to do with Bagus. Renovations inside have already started

Mark07

Anyone have any update on this. Has it re-opened yet.

Thanks

LAshire

Now re-opened under the original name of Mare Alta as a tapas bar.  Not tried it as yet...maybe in a couple of weeks.

Mark07

Cheers for the update. Once you`ve been in, would like to know how it`s shaping up. Used to be one of our favourite places.