Beach by Grand Hotel Natura

Started by Jester10, April 19, 2017, 09:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester10

We're back over for the second time at the beginning of May, staying at the Barcello in Corralejo. Last time we got the free bus to the Rui Hotel beaches each day. But we were wondering what the beaches are like by the Grand Hotel Natura, do they have stone circles? As we liked the privacy and shelter from the wind. We could also cycle there quite easily from the hotel. Thanks for any advice.

brizzle

Hi, yes, you don't have to walk too far at all from the GHN to the start of the stone circles, and they continue along until near Flag Beach. Getting into the sea is not good near GHN due to the rocks, so if you fancy a dip it would be better to keep walking towards Flag Beach where sea access is better. And why not strip off at the GHN car park and enjoy a naked walk along until you find your stone circle of choice :) Google Earth view - https://goo.gl/maps/3cpURnNw5WP2

Jester10

Thanks Brizzle, we may well try that.
Cheers.

slotman

There is a small beach on the town side of Grand Hotel Natira called Playa las  agujas  it is ok for a swim if the tide is in and is used by naturists.

MalT

Walk that beach most mornings , lots of stone circles, but need to walk towards hotels for best access to the water

erik_tonny

Quote from: brizzle on April 19, 2017, 10:25:40 AM
And why not strip off at the GHN car park and enjoy a naked walk along until you find your stone circle of choice :)
Because a big brown envelope had that public piece of land shut off with big bolders  >:(

bedouin

Quote from: erik_tonny on April 21, 2017, 18:01:36 PM

Because a big brown envelope had that public piece of land shut off with big bolders  >:(

Do you mean that there's now no parking next to Gran Hotel Natura?

erik_tonny

Quote from: bedouin on April 21, 2017, 21:28:37 PM

Alas. The owners of GHN didn't approve that the area was sometimes used by a camper.
Raising their prices twice a year, they had enough dineros to stuff in an envelope.

MalT

Yes, can confirm, it's blocked off, still lots of circles not far from hotel and there is still parking on the road close to the hotel.

Jester10

We're planning on cycling down there from Barcello, can you get bikes through to the beach area?

jg

Quote from: Jester10 on April 23, 2017, 15:16:12 PM
We're planning on cycling down there from Barcello, can you get bikes through to the beach area?
Even if the previous car park area is blocked for cars there will be no problem with accessing the beach with a bicycle a few yards further on.
JG

blackandwhite

Quote from: erik_tonny on April 22, 2017, 08:03:28 AM
Quote from: bedouin on April 21, 2017, 21:28:37 PM

Alas. The owners of GHN didn't approve that the area was sometimes used by a camper.
Raising their prices twice a year, they had enough dineros to stuff in an envelope.

It must have been done quite recently then, wasn't like that in October.  Another reason might be that we had a first floor apartment overlooking that car park and most mornings I saw a guy (looked local) in a light coloured estate car arrived and tried to look into the complex while playing the Japanese Helicopter Pilot

MalT

Hotel looks pretty private to me!! Japanese helicopter pilot?

blackandwhite

Look it up in the Urban Dictionary!

Jester10

Quote from: MalT on April 30, 2017, 19:32:53 PM
Hotel looks pretty private to me!! Japanese helicopter pilot?

Ha, ha, just looked it up, not heard that phrase before, brilliant description of "The Act"  :P

Victoria.S

It shouldn't be so but sadly voyeuristic Japanese helicopter pilots are normally to be found where there are naturists and public access. I don't think you will ever get rid of them and irritating as they are, providing they don't become to intrusive I just ignore them.

jg

Quote from: blackandwhite on April 30, 2017, 16:21:56 PM
It must have been done quite recently then, wasn't like that in October.  Another reason might be that we had a first floor apartment overlooking that car park and most mornings I saw a guy (looked local) in a light coloured estate car arrived and tried to look into the complex while playing the Japanese Helicopter Pilot
Perhaps you should have tried pointing a camera at him, especially if you could get the car registration.
JG

MalT

Back on Saturday will look out for those pesky nip pilots!

Jester10

Well just back from our 7 days in the sun. We hired bikes and cycled from Barcelo to Flag Beach on 5 of the 7 days, took about 10 - 15 minutes to cycle and then 10 minutes to push the bikes through the dunes to the circles. All well apart from one day when roughly 20+ Italian Kite Surfers surrounded the circle my wife was in whilst I went off to get cold drinks. They were very, very close to the circle and it felt rather like being surrounded by Red Indians whilst on the Wagon train. We decided to pack up and leave at this point. A couple of Italians then decided to enter the circle and take camp whilst we were still packing up. A swift "Feck Off" from me had little effect...... Not a pleasant experience I'm afraid. However the rest of the days were 100% perfect :)

jg

Quote from: Jester10 on May 14, 2017, 10:42:13 AM
Well just back from our 7 days in the sun. We hired bikes and cycled from Barcelo to Flag Beach on 5 of the 7 days, took about 10 - 15 minutes to cycle and then 10 minutes to push the bikes through the dunes to the circles. All well apart from one day when roughly 20+ Italian Kite Surfers surrounded the circle my wife was in whilst I went off to get cold drinks. They were very, very close to the circle and it felt rather like being surrounded by Red Indians whilst on the Wagon train. We decided to pack up and leave at this point. A couple of Italians then decided to enter the circle and take camp whilst we were still packing up. A swift "Feck Off" from me had little effect...... Not a pleasant experience I'm afraid. However the rest of the days were 100% perfect :)
Unfortunately all nationalities tend to be objectionable when they get mob handed.
JG