Author Topic: La Oliva Council asking people to renew their registration on the Padron  (Read 2530 times)

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
The City Council of La Oliva reminds community and non-EU residents that they must periodically update their registration in the register
The institution is updating the data of the register, so it asks the neighbors of other nationalities to the Spanish to renew their registration in this register before the month of May, if they have not done so in the last two years. If they do not do it this year, they will be discharged as residents.

The City Council of La Oliva addresses citizens of other nationalities resident in the municipality, community and non-community, to remind them that at least once every two years must update their registration in the municipal register.

The City Council has launched a campaign to update this register completely, since it is necessary to know the situation of the resident population, and because it is a fundamental tool when it comes to organizing public services and the distribution of economic resources.

The intention of the institution is to carry out this process between January and May 2018, and for this reason it informs the interested parties that if they have not confirmed that they reside in the municipality within this period, they could be removed from the municipal registry, which would mean lose certain advantages such as travel discounts, or other municipal services and benefits of other administrations.

The inscription in the register can be done in the General Register of the City Council of La Oliva (c / Emilio Castellot nº2, La Oliva), or in the Registry of the Mayor's Office of Corralejo (c / María Santana Figueroa nº1, Corralejo), Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Registration in the Municipal Register:

From January to May 2018

• Non-EU foreign residents must update their employer registration every 2 years (with permanent residence, every 5 years).

• Community residents must also confirm their registration in the register in periods of 2 to 5 years (including states associated with the European Community, such as Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein).
Difference between the register data and the INE

The councilor of the Internal Regime area, Guacimara González, explained that the City Council of La Oliva has begun with this campaign "to update the pattern, because the population has grown a lot in recent years without the municipality having been able to catch up on these figures Recently the municipal staff of the Statistics area has been reinforced and this will allow us to improve the attention to the citizen, with information in several languages, and we also plan to go to the schools to reach the parents of other countries that have children in school, a pretty reliable indicator that they live here. "

González stressed the importance of "updating the data of the residents of other countries living in this municipality, because if they do not update their registration in the register they could be removed, and that would mean losing certain rights such as travel discount for residents or other social assistance. "

He added that "registering is a very simple procedure that should be done, because we also talk about important services for the residents of La Oliva, such as the resources allocated by the Canary Islands Government for Health or Education, or the income of the State by population "

Currently, there is a difference of 5,000 inhabitants between the people listed as registered in the City of La Oliva and those recognized by the National Institute of Statistics. The INE does not account for these 5,000 people who either have not updated their registration in the register, or no longer reside in the municipality. This figure, if recognized by the State Administration, could mean an income of around half a million euros for the City of La Oliva. "

The population of foreign nationality has grown remarkably in La Oliva in recent years, reaching currently around 50% of residents in the municipality.

Offline Séan J.

Re: La Oliva Council asking people to renew their registration on the Padron
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:06:19 am »
How do you do this if your not on the island

Offline PHo

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 17:51:29 pm »
Can someone clarify? We own a property and visit several times a year but less than 25% of the year. We do not rent out but pay the Form 210 tax annually, as well as rates and basura. We are resident and pay tax in the UK. Do we need to register?

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 00:31:18 am »
PHO - my understanding is that you are only legally required to register on a Padron if you are resident here for 6 months or more of a year, and then you register in the municipality that you spend most time in.
However, the councils like you to register even if you are here for less time as they receive central funds proportionate to the number of residents.

Sean J - no idea! If no one else posts an answer I'll try to find out for you if they will accept postal info/email etc, and if so, what is required.

Offline dandare

• Where no man has gone before
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 19:20:24 pm »
Hi tamara
The City Council of La Oliva reminds community and non-EU residents that they must periodically update their registration in the register

How are they letting me know?
I’ve been paying my rates Basura car tax etc to La Oliva council for the last 12 years; surely they know I’m here?
Thanks

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 00:51:27 am »
Now, now DanDare, don't mix up reality and logic! The 'Padron' section of the Ayuntamiento and the other departments don't share info - that would be too easy  ;D

They are 'reminding' you by publishing their reminder in local online articles (possibly in 'hard' newspaper as well). I have also seen quite a few slips placed in letterboxes asking people if they are still resident in the municipality to make contact and on one occasion I was at a friend's house and a council employee was going door to door with a list of people/addresses to chase up.

Offline chrisandco

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 16:18:44 pm »
I enquired about this in the Ayuntamiento last week.
They have a lot of people registered with no activity taking place.
They just need to update their records. Fairly normal, I would say.

Offline wavell ave

crisando you are correct i work for the council

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
Update:

This week was published in the BOP the list of citizens who, if they do not confirm their residence, will cause the municipal registry to leave

The City Council of La Oliva invites residents to continue residing in La Oliva to renew their registration, requesting an appointment by email or directly at the municipal offices

The City Council of La Oliva continues with the process of updating its Municipal Register, after sending to the Official Gazette of the Province the list of foreign citizens who, if they do not confirm their residence in the municipality, will cause a loss in the municipal register of residents.

The list is available for consultation in the Official Gazette of the Province of Las Palmas (http://www.boplaspalmas.net), dated July 16, 2018, after notifying this institution by letter to interested parties without obtaining answer. Those citizens who are in that list and continue residing in the municipality, must update their situation by going to the municipal offices, or requesting an appointment in the email estadistica@laoliva.es.

The mayor of La Oliva Isaí Blanco, explained that "after seven months of work from the Department of Statistics, which has recently been strengthened, this process represents another step in the necessary work of reorganization of the administration. public resources, it is essential to know the real numbers of residents. "

According to current regulations (Resolution of January 30, 2015), citizens of other nationalities resident in the Spanish State must update their registration in the municipal register in periods of between two and five years. In the case of La Oliva, there is currently a difference of more than 5,000 people between the municipal registry and the figures from the National Institute of Statistics.

"The updating of the census had been pending for some years now, and this municipality has a high number of inhabitants of other nationalities, which in many cases are established here, but they do so only temporarily without being recorded when they move to other places. That is why we find such high numbers, "explained the mayor. Once this work was done, he said, "from now on it will be much easier to update the resident data every year."

After the publication of the municipal decree in the province's bulletin, the loss of citizens who have not confirmed their residence will be effective after its publication in the Official State Gazette. However, those citizens who are residing in the municipality, may confirm their residence in the municipal offices.

The inscription in the register can be done in the General Register of the City Council of La Oliva (c / Emilio Castellot nº2, La Oliva), or in the Registry of the Mayor's Office of Corralejo (c / María Santana Figueroa nº1, Corralejo), Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:

Tamara: I found the BOP here: http://www.boplaspalmas.com/ rather than .net as shown in the article.
The article does give an email address to 'make an appointment' at La Oliva - if you are not on the island at the moment it would probably be worth sending an email letting them know when you will be back/asking if you can confirm online.

(I've saved a copy of the BOP as a pdf is anyone can't get access online for any reason - I can check names if requested.)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 00:59:05 am by TamaraEnLaPlaya »

Offline 14yew

We were advised to renew our padron by a representative of the council coming to our door (Pajara). We re-registered and were told we need to register every two years and we could also obtain the travel discount. Also were told that we needed new NIE cards to replace our old paper forms which are 12 years old. Has anyone else been so advised?

Offline Lexeus

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 21:26:08 pm »
We were advised to renew our padron by a representative of the council coming to our door (Pajara). We re-registered and were told we need to register every two years and we could also obtain the travel discount. Also were told that we needed new NIE cards to replace our old paper forms which are 12 years old. Has anyone else been so advised?

Without an exact picture of what docs you have, here is a summary of the steps you should go through, where do you think you are? :)

When anyone first moves to Spain they must first request to be issued with a NIE which is used for tax purposes and alike in place of a Spaniards DNI. This is not the same as the green card residence permit, it is just an ID number, where as the green card is a permit to reside in Spain. It is common for Spanish bureaucrats to incorrectly call the green permit a NIE, they are not the same thing, but Spaniards have a DNI that is the same for both and they don't understand there are differences.

If you are resident on the island for more than 3 months then you are required to register as a resident and you will be issued with a little green card "CERTIFICADO DE REGISTRO DE CIUDADANO DE LA UNION" which states that you are "Residente comunitario en Espana"

After 5 years of continuous residence you should then apply to exchange the green card for a permanent residence permit. After 10 years of continuous residence you can then apply for a Spanish passport.

Anyone who has a residence permit, permanent residence permit or Spanish citizenship will prior to application have been required to register on the padron for a particular town hall. Once you have registered on the Padron and then been issued a residence permit, you should then return to the town hall to register as a resident of the Autonamos area of the Canary islands, which entitles you to certain benefits such as the travel discount.

Until relatively recently you would then need to annually request a Padron travel certificate to use the travel discount, but it is all done automatically through computer database checks these days so you can skip that I think, certainly for flights anyway, maybe not the ferries?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 21:37:08 pm by Lexeus »