Opinions on Caleta?

Started by Ducks, January 23, 2018, 13:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skillt

We have owned our house for five years in Caleta, near the top of the Hill / Mountain, we spend between four to 10 weeks per year in the house otherwise empty with no issues, we dont have bars on the windows etc. The town is very safe day or night, but that does not mean that you drop your guard as normal common sense, you dont walk around with your cash on show etc do as you would at home in your own country but yes I have had people I know broken into but simple issue of like leaving doors/ windows opened. I think most crime is of an opportunity nature here on the Island. I feel more safe in Caleta than in my own home.
Caleta has the quiet and if wanted the wilder side, perfect for the Airport etc. I find English is spoken by most and local Spanish etc are very friendly, helpful.
I had an apartment on main land Spain that was on the fourth floor but was broken into twice the first year of ownership so Caleta is a very safe nice place but personal responsibility is advised world wide.

dagwood

Quote from: skillt on January 24, 2018, 13:19:53 PM
We have owned our house for five years in Caleta, near the top of the Hill / Mountain, we spend between four to 10 weeks per year in the house otherwise empty with no issues, we dont have bars on the windows etc. The town is very safe day or night, but that does not mean that you drop your guard as normal common sense, you dont walk around with your cash on show etc do as you would at home in your own country but yes I have had people I know broken into but simple issue of like leaving doors/ windows opened. I think most crime is of an opportunity nature here on the Island. I feel more safe in Caleta than
Caleta has the quiet and if wanted the wilder side, perfect for the Airport etc. I find English is spoken by most and local Spanish etc are very friendly, helpful.
I had an apartment on main land Spain that was on the fourth floor but was broken into twice the first year of ownership so Caleta is a very safe nice place but personal responsibility is advised world wide.
Wasting you time Ducks wants to be told it`s Elpaso.

Ducks

Quote from: skillt on January 24, 2018, 13:19:53 PM
We have owned our house for five years in Caleta, near the top of the Hill / Mountain, we spend between four to 10 weeks per year in the house otherwise empty with no issues, we dont have bars on the windows etc. The town is very safe day or night, but that does not mean that you drop your guard as normal common sense, you dont walk around with your cash on show etc do as you would at home in your own country but yes I have had people I know broken into but simple issue of like leaving doors/ windows opened. I think most crime is of an opportunity nature here on the Island. I feel more safe in Caleta than in my own home.

Thanks for that; this is exactly the type of information I was looking for! Very helpful, and much appreciated.

Good to know that people can feel safe to lock up and leave their places without bars on the windows.