Grosfillex Jamaica sun loungers

Started by fuerte crazy, March 27, 2017, 19:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuerte crazy

Hi does anyone know of anywhere on Fuerteventura who is selling these particular types of sunbeds at the moment. They are made by Grosfillex and are the Jamaica type.  We've had them previously (3-4yrs ago) from NortySur aka Ideal but haven't seen them since.  They are the type that are around the Barcelo Hotel pools where the bottom part lifts up as well as the backs. 
Thanks in advance.

malabu

We have also looked for them but no joy so if you find them let us know

MLA

Hi fuerte crazy

We have these which can lay completely flat. They are over 3 years old and show no signs of wear. They came with padded sunbed cushions.

They were bought from Senor Pepe at   http://www.entreverde-outdoor.es/

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@28.437724,-13.8715351,3a,75y,318.18h,110.73t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sL12UPkrhl2jklbkIpxqiVA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Good luck

fuerte crazy

Thanks MLA, it's the Grosfillex in particular that we are after as they are very sturdy as the part you lie on is made from tough textoline and doesn't 'give' if that makes sense.  They are great for people with back problems as they give total support.  I have found a place in Tenerife who sells them and has quoted me to have 2 shipped across but to be honest it's too expensive that way as the delivery charge is more than the price of each sunbed. 
I did manage to get 1 secondhand one from someone on Fuert Ebay but would still like a couple more.
We've had ours now for about 4 years and apart from being slightly faded they are still like new.
Thanks again
FC
8)

fuerte crazy

Quote from: malabu on March 27, 2017, 19:22:38 PM
We have also looked for them but no joy so if you find them let us know

Will do Malabu, as I said to MLA, there is a place in Tenerife who can supply them to us but the delivery cost is too high. 
If I come across any, I'll let you know and if you could do the same, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
FC 8)

suendrob

Why not get together and make a combined order?
Shipping cost may well be the same and you could even get a discount on the unit price.

fuerte crazy

Quote from: suendrob on March 28, 2017, 14:31:41 PM
Shipping cost may well be the same and you could even get a discount on the unit price.
Good idea in theory suenrob but as we don't live out there it is a bit more difficult to organise

hairybiker

Out of interest, I Googled these and found that they are not listed on the Grosfillex website.  May be a discontinued item

http://www.grosfillex.com/en/garden-furniture/sunloungers

I could only find them in stock here

http://www.jplennard.com/grosfillex-jamaica-beach-lounger.html

but it isn't in the Canaries (or even Spain!)

Good hunting

fuerte crazy

Quote from: hairybiker on March 28, 2017, 18:41:08 PM
Out of interest, I Googled these and found that they are not listed on the Grosfillex website.  May be a discontinued item

http://www.grosfillex.com/en/garden-furniture/sunloungers

I could only find them in stock here

http://www.jplennard.com/grosfillex-jamaica-beach-lounger.html

but it isn't in the Canaries (or even Spain!)

Good hunting

Thanks Hairybiker,
they are on http://www.stilgarden.net/productos/tumbonas-galeria.html
They are a company in Tenerife and the 'Jamaica' sunloungers are on their webiste
They quoted me â,¬397 for 2 delivered. 

fuerte crazy

Quote from: suendrob on March 28, 2017, 14:31:41 PM

they are on http://www.stilgarden.net/productos/tumbonas-galeria.html
there's no price on the website but I asked for a quote for 2 delivered to Caleta Golf Course and they quoted me â,¬397 inc IGIC and delivery which still works out nearly â,¬200 each.
FC

yorkiecouple

I regularly bring a euro pallet from Tenerife to Fuerteventura at an average cost of â,¬50 and I use a company called Cargopack, they have warehouses in all the islands. Assuming you were to to buy say 4 beds, I guess that to be double the size of a euro pallet so an approximate cost of â,¬100 for the 4. They also pick up and delivery door to door included in the price.

fuerte crazy

Quote from: yorkiecouple on March 29, 2017, 10:45:15 AM
I regularly bring a euro pallet from Tenerife to Fuerteventura at an average cost of â,¬50 and I use a company called Cargopack, they have warehouses in all the islands. Assuming you were to to buy say 4 beds, I guess that to be double the size of a euro pallet so an approximate cost of â,¬100 for the 4. They also pick up and delivery door to door included in the price.
Thanks Yorkiecouple, that's definitely worth thinking about if we can't find any to buy on the island.
It's such a shame that either Ideal or Armas don't stock them again as I'm sure with the amount of people who are looking to buy them, they'd fly out of the door!! 
8)

spitfire58

Quote from: yorkiecouple on March 29, 2017, 10:45:15 AM

Good to know Yorkiecouple 👍👍👍

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Are you sure it is the Jamaica style you are after? I've looked at the link you included to the place in Tenerife and the description you gave seems better suited to the Bali style.
I bought several in Ideal about 5 years ago, never seen them since. They were the Bali style (the section under the knees lifts up) but with a white frame and darkish green mesh. I'd love another 2 of them if I could get them - happy to join a bulk order from Tenerife if I can get exactly what I want.

yorkiecouple

Yes your right Tam they're called Bali Rexform

fuerte crazy

Quote from: yorkiecouple on March 30, 2017, 07:14:43 AM
Yes your right Tam they're called Bali Rexform
Hi Yorkiecouple
The sunbeds we have are definitely the Jamaica's.  If you scroll down you will see them on the page.  I took a photo of the label on the side of one of ours to make sure I got the correct ones.  However there are others further up the page which are the same design but are more expensive.  The Jamaicas are still really good quality and have not sagged or bowed at all in the years we've had them.
FC

fuerte crazy

Quote from: TamaraEnLaPlaya on March 30, 2017, 01:43:33 AM
Are you sure it is the Jamaica style you are after? I've looked at the link you included to the place in Tenerife and the description you gave seems better suited to the Bali style.
I bought several in Ideal about 5 years ago, never seen them since. They were the Bali style (the section under the knees lifts up) but with a white frame and darkish green mesh. I'd love another 2 of them if I could get them - happy to join a bulk order from Tenerife if I can get exactly what I want.
TamaraEnLaPlaya
The Jamaica style are definitely ours.  if you scroll further down and hover over the them you will see the Jamaica Beach ones.  The ones at the top of the page are the same design as the jamaica but slightly better styling and better looking but I doubt they are any better.  We've had ours now for over 4 years now and they are still in great condition even being outside all year round.
FC
:)

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Hi FC
I've looked again at the pics in the Catalog section of that website (p.88) and it definitely doesn't show the Jamaica as having a section that lifts up under the knees. On my existing ones you can see a joint in the side bar at the point it lifts up, like in the Bali pics. However, the colour I want is in the Jamaica range! Go figure!

fuerte crazy

Quote from: TamaraEnLaPlaya on March 31, 2017, 01:20:26 AM
Hi FC
I've looked again at the pics in the Catalog section of that website (p.88) and it definitely doesn't show the Jamaica as having a section that lifts up under the knees. On my existing ones you can see a joint in the side bar at the point it lifts up, like in the Bali pics. However, the colour I want is in the Jamaica range! Go figure!
Hi yes I see what you mean.  They must've changed the design since we bought ours as they definitely have the raise up option on the end of the lounger.  To be honest its not so much that option that we're after, just the design of the lounger in general.  I do see that the Bali range has the option but for us the Jamaicas are just the job. 
8)

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Hi FC
I would go with the Jamaicas in order to match the colour with our existing ones. I would like 2 in the 'Verde' if you/anyone else wants to try for a bulk order using Cargopack as suggested by YorkieCouple, if that works out cost effective. Might incur additional costs if we need them dropped off at various locations for instance.

Yorkie Couple - do the Cargopack people have anyone that speaks English as I don't think my Spanish would be up to organising this?

KWC

Our rented villa have four of these. Brown envelope at the back door and there yours  :o

M

fuerte crazy

Quote from: TamaraEnLaPlaya on April 02, 2017, 00:52:52 AM
Hi FC
I would go with the Jamaicas in order to match the colour with our existing ones. I would like 2 in the 'Verde' if you/anyone else wants to try for a bulk order using Cargopack as suggested by YorkieCouple, if that works out cost effective. Might incur additional costs if we need them dropped off at various locations for instance.

Yorkie Couple - do the Cargopack people have anyone that speaks English as I don't think my Spanish would be up to organising this?
Quote from: KWC link=topic=22808.msg548182#msg548182
date=1491122741

May be worth asking the question Tamaraenlaplaya. I'll message you my mobile number as we fly out next Thursday for 11 days
Our rented villa have four of these. Brown envelope at the back door and there yours  :o

M

KWC

I would stick up a picture or two to show you but forget how to do it on mobile?

But if the villa owners got four they may have got them on the island??
I can ask her if your still stuck?

yorkiecouple

Quote from: TamaraEnLaPlaya on April 02, 2017, 00:52:52 AM
Hi FC

No sorry Tam they don't, when my order arrives on to Fuerte I've actually found it easier to go down to the warehouse to pick it up because it saves waiting in all day and both the warehouse staff don't speak a word of English.