?

Started by ashworth, April 01, 2017, 08:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashworth

?
??

zedzedeleven

That`s 15000 people hitting the supermarkets and offering up a 50 euro note for a bottle of water and incurring the wrath of the lass on the checkout till. The supermarket management have never got round to initiating a contingency plan to cope with it. I believe the banks charge for change but still, british run businesses seem to cope better.
Mentor to the boneheads.

erik_tonny

Lets hope there are 76 International Flights out today heading for all over Europe. With 200 on each plane that is over 15000 sun tans leaving the Island. No wonder the resorts are being cleaned.

Will196

Quote from: zedzedeleven on April 01, 2017, 09:22:14 AM
That`s 15000 people hitting the supermarkets and offering up a 50 euro note for a bottle of water and incurring the wrath of the lass on the checkout till. The supermarket management have never got round to initiating a contingency plan to cope with it. I believe the banks charge for change but still, british run businesses seem to cope better.

It's pretty easy to cope. Refuse. If somebody shows up early in the morning and tries something like that they deserve to go home thirsty. OTOH if it's later in the day the shop may happy to get rid of some smaller notes.

Johnrgby2

It is not only the tourists, we were in Hiperdino in Rosario a month or two back, there was a Spanish woman in front of us with three items came to around â,¬6 and change and wanted to pay with a â,¬500 note, after several people were called to check it, they refused to take it, but caused a 15 min delay, {deep joy }

Will196

You sure they weren't Spanish tourists? In much of Spain the majority of tourists are Spanish.

I'm amazed they even considered it. One fake â,¬500 can really ruin your day  :o