Wooden fence posts?

Started by Archer, April 17, 2017, 21:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

Anyone know where I can get some 2 1/2" or 3" round wooden fence posts x 2m long?
Ideal only have them up to 1.5m long.
Anywhere from PDR and south. Thanks.

Snowdrop

Have you tried the ferateria's as up north 😂 in corralejo I am certain they have

Archer

Thanks Snowdrop. Was hoping for somewhere slightly further south.
Any ideas, anyone?

Deso

There is/was a timber shop just past the Renault/Nissan showroom on the Ideal Industrial Estate. Instead of turning right to go up to Ideal/Electron, go straight up and it's on the left hand side.
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Archer

Thanks Deso. Went in there yesterday. Only seem to have 'prepared' & sheet material type timber. Too expensive for fencing. I did notice that they cut timber to size. Very handy for sheets of plywood etc.
Maybe agricultural type supplier needed?

Johnrgby2

There is another Timber merchants further on on the right on a corner, I have had timber cut to size there, but I am not sure about round.

Snowdrop

Have you tried the timber yard in Rosario next to the big green fuerte ferateria?  From airport end it's down the third right turning into Rosario with ideal being the first, Salvador or whatever it is called the 2nd then it's the next one no it's on the left hand side.  We got our posts for the pergola there.

Deso

Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Archer

Ok, thanks. I know the place. I'll give it a go.
Thanks, all.

Archer

Ok. Maderas Viera in Puerto had a pallet load of 60mm poles. 4.2m long, right up on the top rack. Looks like they haven't sold many lately! But helpful guy got the pallet down and cut them up for me. Did the job perfect. Thanks for the recommendation, Snowdrop.