Car hire with CASH

Started by The Smiths, August 30, 2016, 12:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Smiths

WEe go fuerteventura on 27th sept and was wondering if any car hire companies deal in cash instead of credit card.
I dont have a credit card but my wife does but she doesn't have a licence so can't be addad as a 2nd driver. We are stopping at villas papagayo in corralejo. Ideally we'd like one at the airport but dont mind getting a taxi to villa and go to local hire companies later in the day.
Many thanks.

jonesesjourneys

Smiths

Book on line with Payless or Pluscar (links below).
Either of these would be our car hire company of choice anyway as there are no hidden extras or fuel scams etc, and I have always paid cash with them.
I make sure they see the cash (try and have the correct amount) in my hand when they are confirming my booking and they will then (obviously) ask if you're paying with cash.
Payless have an office in the Airport concourse, Pluscar do everything in the car park (it's not as dodgy as it may sound)
Hope this helps.

JJ

http://www.payless.es/en/action/booking1

http://www.pluscar-fuerteventura.com/booking.php?lang=en

The Smiths

Many thanks for your reply. I think payless are coming in cheapest.Around â,¬200 for 15 days. I think i'm just panicking that they wouldn't accept cash and being embarressed at the desk. Its the first time on the island and have always hired from in towns or near to appartments before (menorca) it just seemed more conveinient to hire from airport this time. Thanks again

bevlos

Pluscar also accept prepaid currency cards. I only ever use these to be safe. Never had any issue with Pluscar in the many years i have used them.

dee-dee

We are going next Thursday,hiring with Payless and will be taking cash,have done for years and never a problem  ;D

zedzedeleven

Quote from: dee-dee on September 02, 2016, 07:17:42 AM
We are going next Thursday,hiring with Payless and will be taking cash,have done for years and never a problem  ;D
Just being nosey Dee, why don`t you pay by card?
Mentor to the boneheads.

bedouin

Quote from: zedzedeleven on September 02, 2016, 20:15:57 PM
Just being nosey Dee, why don`t you pay by card?

Ssshhhhh.... ask no questions! ;D