La Scarpetta Restaurant + Map

Started by fifi, August 01, 2013, 02:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fifi

Mario, the owner of this Italian restaurant is an outstanding chef with a real passion for food and you will not be disappointed with anything on his creative menu.

Simply wonderful.

[map]?=28.73574463812668,%20-13.869726955890656=17=La Scarpetta=roadmap[/map]

hogfather

:P Couldn't agree more, we use La Scarpetta as our "special" restaurant, and have, without exception, had a memorable meal every time. Never yet eaten off the menu, just listened to Mario describing the nights specials and chosen from them. A word of warning though, once he's told you of the starters, ask him to stop and choose one, as by the time he's got to the main meal and the pasta, you will have forgotten the choice!! Have the house wine, always good and reasonable.

Budget 80 ish euros for a couple!! :o

Elite of the forum

Went here yet again last week and we weren't disappointed lovely food and great service,and what made it better Mario even remembered us even though it was 16 months since we had been ,but a cheerful Mario said "you know it goes i wont need to read the specials out to you"  which made us laugh

Ps the wife had the house red and said it was great ;D

We had starters,main and sweets ,a bottle of water 2 pironi s and half a bottle of house red €60  great value for the excellent food 
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

Elite of the forum

Well we went to the New restaurant situated near the 7pints pub will start with the positives the food as always was excellent and im afraid that was it,the new place is big and airy and it as lost that personal feeling the staff well didnt seem to know what they were doing ,the service at times was shambolic , 12minutes between the first and last meal to be served to our party one member of the party was vegetarian and a piece of the ravioli was meat one of the waiters just laughed it off saying it was pumpkin sorry it wasnt 20 mins later the owner came over and said sorry which was find but then he said it was something else ,neither of these types of ravioli were on the menu?  My portion of pasta would have fitted into the bottom of a small dessert bowl ,we then decided to have a sweet yet a different member of staff came over with the menu,s the wifes mother said she didnt want a sweet to which the waitress said sharply its only a menu!!!so after waiting 25 yes 25minutes for someone to take our order we called a waiter over and asked for the bill in our opinion its going down the road of just another mainstream place i know hes had to move to get more people in because this is what he told me,which you can understand ,but im afraid that will be the last time we visit the place and it was our favourite place,we had raved about the place to the people in our party and im afraid we were let down really oh well we wish him well in his new venture but has ive said not for us anymore  :( :(
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

SheilaW

I'm afraid we had the same view of the service, although the food was average to good.

Loads of staff but most seemed to be totally directionless. A few who seemed to have an idea of what waitering/waitressing was all about seemed as frustrated as we were. There were 2-3 staff asking the same question, but nobody taking responsibility or bringing any food. And the boss man seemed to be happy brushing off the unknown clients, nattering to his favourite long-term ones, and generally letting the rest of the show go to hell and high water. Real shame!