Dealing with Hacienda

Started by oystercatcher, May 17, 2014, 13:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oystercatcher

The Hacienda 'Las Palmas' has sent me a signed-for 'Notificacion' (and not a 'carta').  It arrived while we were away and so it's ages past the 7 day period to collect from the post office.

I doubt it's good news, but I've filled in all my non resident forms, and never had any response.

Are taxes actually administered in Rosario, or is that just an outpost?  If I go down there am I likely to get any sense from them?

Or is it simpler to see an asesoria in Corralejo, to see what they can find out? 

SheilaW

You're in Corralejo? In that case, you should go to the Tenencia de Cabildo (or something like that ;)) place in the square with the kids' playground. Even if they don't deal with it there you should find someone who can give you some help. I don't know about an asesor - I have a feeling mine would look blankly at anything like that, and tell me to go to the Cabildo/Ayuntamiento.

oystercatcher

Thanks Sheila.  Your remarks about your asesor echo what I've heard about that profession over the years; they're very limited in what they handle. Obviously I'd love to hear from anyone who has an asesor who is more on the ball.

My main problem is that the actual letter hasn't been delivered. It's been returned to sender so I don't know what it said. My new research suggests that a 'Notificacion' from the Ministerio de Hacienda is actually a demand for payment and ignoring it will lead to my bank account being frozen.

I think I'll be off to Rosario on Monday. Surely someone there can get my case brought up on a screen. But this is Fuerteventura!

emmi

The only letter I had from the Ministerio de Hacienda y Administraciones Publicas in Las Palmas, was about a year after we bought our property and it was to advise of the change of title on the property from the previous owner to us as present owners.  Nothing sinister at all.  So it is possible your letter is nothing more than that.  Certainly I have not received any other communication from Las Palmas since. Good luck!

oystercatcher

Hi Emmi. The Correos 'sorry we missed you' form says it's a Notificacion not a carta and there was only a 7 day collection period not 15 days.  So that makes it likely to be a bill, not a routine communication.  I'll post my findings on here.

oystercatcher

Hi Emmi

We've had a great local guy on the case and after visiting two tax offices, two Correos offices, the ayuntamiento and a long phone call to Gran Canaria he tracked it down. Yes, it's the official notification that we own our house and assessing (hence being a Notificacion) its Valor Catastral.

We bought the house on 30 June 2004. The notice was issued on 20 January 2014.  That's only 9½ years!!

Must highly recommend Antonio M Garcia Tax Adviser in Corralejo   antoniotaxadvisor@gmail.com  Speaks perfect English too.   

emmi

Deso

Quote from: oystercatcher on May 26, 2014, 12:15:18 PM
Hi Emmi

We've had a great local guy on the case and after visiting two tax offices, two Correos offices, the ayuntamiento and a long phone call to Gran Canaria he tracked it down. Yes, it's the official notification that we own our house and assessing (hence being a Notificacion) its Valor Catastral.

We bought the house on 30 June 2004. The notice was issued on 20 January 2014.  That's only 9½ years!!

Must highly recommend Antonio M Garcia Tax Adviser in Corralejo   antoniotaxadvisor@gmail.com  Speaks perfect English too.

We bought our place in September last year and received our confirmation in March, slight difference.  :D
Maybe they were having a tidy up.
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]