Author Topic: International marriage certificate  (Read 2764 times)

Offline Kyle

  • Kyle
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 58
International marriage certificate
« on: July 25, 2016, 17:13:13 pm »
Afternoon all,

We are in the process of obtaning Residencia,  which should be concluded within the week.

We are a married  couple age 50,  my wife has a  Spanish contract.  To be registered for Social Security (healthcare),  we are being asked to provide an international marriage certificate.  We have provided a legalised marriage certificate,  that has been translated.  This is sufficient to obtai  Residencia but not to register for healthcare.

Despite our research online and a mail to the British Embassy,  we are no further forward.  Has anyone heard of an international marriage certificate (we were married in Lewes,  Easr Sussex) a d if so,  how do we go about getting one?



Offline Johnrgby2

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,641
  • Gender: Male
  • Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
Re: International marriage certificate
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 17:45:21 pm »
Strange that, we obtained residency/registered for health care last December, which was all done by our solicitor, who also handled our house purchase, at no point did she ask for our marriage certificate, funnily enough I only collected the deeds to the property, and all the other paperwork last Monday, and have just checked the file she gave me, just to be sure and there is no marriage certificate there, so she cannot have needed it.

Offline Kyle

  • Kyle
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 58
Re: International marriage certificate
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 18:16:18 pm »
Devil in detail perhaps.  I only qualify for healthcare due to my wifes contract (im a retired non pensioner) as neither of us receive healthcare due to our age.

Similar circumstances John,  or maybe the difference in working status or age.  Either wayim not sure the assesoria dealing with it is 100% competent

Offline calculator

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 211
Re: International marriage certificate
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 19:01:33 pm »
Whos's asking for the intl certificate?

If it's healthcare, make an appointment for INSS in Puerto and go their yourself. They'll clarify what's needed - get specific info.

At least one of them speaks competent English and knows the rules. Maybe they want a certificate that has an Apostille  (provided by your Embassy or equivalent) ?

Offline dianemckerry

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
Re: International marriage certificate
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 20:27:42 pm »
I just had to get my marriage cert done you need to get it done through the consulate office usually in passport office in your home town or you can do it online . I dealt with irish embassy in las palmas but just google the embassy number for your country. you can even follow instructions on the embassy website. Hopefully you have this done already. Good luck if you don't.