210 Non residents tax form

Started by killerb16, February 02, 2017, 08:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killerb16

Hi,
Please could anyone assist me with completing the form online?
I can do most of it but when it comes to the section where you have to put the figures in I am not sure what I need to put there or where I get this info from.
I have my cadastral value of the property and I know the tax we need to pay is â,¬32.50 a year but its what to put where on the form to get that.  Also it will be pro-rata'd for us so should only be â,¬25 for last year (plus the 5% overdue charge).
I know there are companies out there that can do it for you etc but I am reluctant to pay more in charges than the actual tax itself.  I can also do 90% of the form its just the figures section I am stuck on.  The 'help' guide isn't that helpful either haha.
Many thanks in advance.

beachlife

Click search (2nd from the orange Home at top left of this page.

Then put in 210 in search. Delete asterisk and put my user name beachlife in and click search.

Go through my posts and you will find an answer to your question.

This may help you to check you are working out the amounts correctly.

Determination of the taxable base amount'
Box [04] Your valor catastral multiplied by 1,1% (2% if the last revaluation was prior to 1994)**
Box [21] 19.5 (See under heading Applicable tax rates below)
Box [22] The result of taking 19.5% of box 04
Box [23] Enter 0 or leave blank
Box [24] Same as 22
Box [25] Box [26] Box [27] Leave blank. This tax is not covered by the double taxation agreement.
Box [28] Same as 24
Box [29] Box [30] Enter 0 or leave blank
Box [31] Same as 28 (boxes 22, 24, 28 and 31 should show the same amount)
**This will change in respect of declarations made in 2016 for 2015 and the percentage will depend on when the most recent catastral revision was carried out (1,1% up to ten years ago and 2% more than ten years ago). More details to follow.

Rates for 2015 (Returns submitted in 2016) = 19,5% for EU tax residents - 24% for non EU tax residents
Rates for 2016 (Returns submitted in 2017) = 19% for EU tax residents - 24% for non EU tax residents

killerb16

beachlife

If you are La Oliva your taxable base is 2% check your area as each may be different. My posts should tell you a website where you can check. However I believe most were last assessed more than 10 years ago so chances are your taxable base will be 2% as well.

Website to check is here

http://www.catastro.meh.es/esp/ponencia_valores.asp

killerb16

We're in Costa de antigua so think that does fall under la Olivia.
I think I did work it out that it must be 2% based on the figures I had... just couldn't work out what went where on the form to get that haha.
Even at a quick glance the post I found has made it all clear... I know what I'm doing at the weekend now  :D

beachlife

Antigua is a different municipality to La Oliva.

You need to go to the website and when page comes up put in the years working backwards from the date of the tax return you are doing until the last assessment appears. If nothing appears each year you do it from 20005 - 2016 then you will be paying 2% as no new assessment has been made in the last 10 years.

Its interesting to keep searching backwards to find when your area had its last assessment. La Olivas was in 1993!

To help when web page appears put the date you want in first box eg start from 2015 then 2nd box click on Las Palmas

On 3rd box put in ANTIGUA

I suspect nothing will return then repeat but changing first box to 2014 and so on till you get back to 2005 ( I think nothing will appear for it which means you will use 2%.

If you want to see what should appear put in LA OLIVA and 1993 for date to see what should appear when the taxable base rate was altered.

killerb16

Ah it says 2002 for antigua

Palmas (Las)   ANTIGUA   2002   29/06/2001          

So that makes it 1.1% then?

beachlife

The assessment was not made in the last 10 years unless you are paying the tax for 2012 you will be on 2% for tax from 2013 to present.

If you are paying for tax year 2015/16 then the tax rate would have had to have been re assessed from a date on or after 2005.

killerb16

Ah yes sorry... I read the first post which mentions 1.1 if after 1994 lol

beachlife

I`m assuming as you are new to this, that you know you pay the tax for the retrospective year.

That is this year (2017) you are paying the tax for 2016 tax year, therefore on the date for the tax year you need to put in is 2016 not 2017.

Also you have until December 31st 2017 to pay the tax for 2016.

killerb16

We're actually needing to pay 2015 as we didn't arrive on the island until new years Eve so was too late to pay it.
We need to pay for April 2015 - Dec 2015
I understand the fine for 0-3mths is 5%

Ernie

All municipalities on the island fail the 10 year rule so everyone needs to use 2%.

spitfire58

How does this work re the pre 2005 situation if the property was not built until approx 2008 ?

beachlife

If the property was not built until 2008 then you can not be assessed for the property, as basically its a property based tax based on you renting the property out. I`m assuming you bought the property off plan. The property would have to be built and the local authority would have given it a certificate of habitation. This would not have been granted until property fully completed. Then you would have gone (or lawyer if they haved POA) to a notary and registered as the owner. Its from then that you become liable to the tax.

spitfire58

Quote from: beachlife on February 02, 2017, 20:35:57 PM
If the property was not built until 2008 then you can not be assessed for the property, as basically its a property based tax based on you renting the property out. I`m assuming you bought the property off plan. The property would have to be built and the local authority would have given it a certificate of habitation. This would not have been granted until property fully completed. Then you would have gone (or lawyer if they haved POA) to a notary and registered as the owner. Its from then that you become liable to the tax.

Hi beachlife,
I get the bit about only being liable from our registration as owners. By the way, it was a bank repo not off plan. Property was built approx 2008/9 I think but never occupied. What I meant was how is it valued for taxation if there have been no valuations since 2005 ? TIA

beachlife

As it was a bank repo the bank would have been responsible for the tax due on the property. It would be down to the bank if they want to chase the previous owner for the tax but probably not worth the trouble.

However what ever there would still be a charge on the property, if the bank did not pay it, then the due taxes is carried on the property but that means the new owner takes on the charge. Check with your solicitor that there was no debt on the property when you took possession, they should have checked if there was a debt on it and informed you if there was.

spitfire58

Quote from: beachlife on February 03, 2017, 08:42:00 AM
As it was a bank repo the bank would have been responsible for the tax due on the property. It would be down to the bank if they want to chase the previous owner for the tax but probably not worth the trouble.

However what ever there would still be a charge on the property, if the bank did not pay it, then the due taxes is carried on the property but that means the new owner takes on the charge. Check with your solicitor that there was no debt on the property when you took possession, they should have checked if there was a debt on it and informed you if there was.

Hi beachlife,
We have a document from the bank saying that the property was being offered clear of all debts. That wasn't what I meant. I meant how is the Cade strap value established for the tax that we will have to pay when due, I understand it's the year after from our purchase date onwards
Cheers
Ron

killerb16

I would say that as the principality hasn't been reviewed for over 10 years then it will still be 2%... cadastral value will be on your council tax bill

beachlife

Quote from: spitfire58 on February 03, 2017, 08:49:12 AM
Quote from: beachlife on February 03, 2017, 08:42:00 AM

Hi beachlife,
We have a document from the bank saying that the property was being offered clear of all debts. That wasn't what I meant. I meant how is the Cade strap value established for the tax that we will have to pay when due, I understand it's the year after from our purchase date onwards
Cheers
Ron

I`m assuming the Cade strap value is the cadastral valor. This is worked out like the house rates in the UK. Every now and then the authorities work out an assessment based on what the rental value of the house as if someone was to rent the house. Of course with inflation this value becomes eroded, so its necessary for the CV to be reassessed after a period of time obviously the national government want this to be done every 10 years as a number of their taxes are based on it. However I suppose the local authorities want it to be low as it keeps the local population with smaller taxes so they are more popular.

Basically the CV is the same as the old rates or community charge in the UK and is structured in much the same way.

spitfire58

"Cade strap value"
😡😡😡
Sorry, didn't see that. Predictive txt 😡😡😡
Cadestral value, lol

killerb16

Trying to do my form for 2015.... any idea why it won't let me put in the .5 in box 21?
It was 19.5% but won't let me put anything in 2nd box

killerb16

Same goes for any 2nd box actually.... Just defaults to 00

beachlife

Without knowing what you have put in other boxes I can`t tell you why it defaults to "0". However, I would suspect that you have not completed some of the other boxes correctly, or put the wrong amounts in the wrong place, or failed to complete a box which is required.

You can check this by trying to verify the form and after it is tries to verify if there is a problem, it will give you a list of problems which you can go back and complete or change.

killerb16

Sorted that bit now... it was my ipad it didn't like.
Now have a new issue... entered everything yet when I go to submit the form it comes up error...rechazada por error de identif. Del tituar. No identificado.
I've checked the nie details... I've tried both my NI number and passport number in the UK bit... even tried leaving it blank.
I've tried putting in the date of birth they put on my nie certificate instead (7th instead of 9th) and still no joy.
I've even tried registering for a code using the option at the top but it says I'm already registered.
Not sure what else to do

beachlife

Quote from: killerb16 on February 19, 2017, 16:37:39 PM
Sorted that bit now... it was my ipad it didn't like.
Now have a new issue... entered everything yet when I go to submit the form it comes up error...rechazada por error de identif. Del tituar. No identificado.
I've checked the nie details... I've tried both my NI number and passport number in the UK bit... even tried leaving it blank.
I've tried putting in the date of birth they put on my nie certificate instead (7th instead of 9th) and still no joy.
I've even tried registering for a code using the option at the top but it says I'm already registered.
Not sure what else to do

In the first box on the form put your NIF as your NIE which should start with an X

In the Taxpayer box put in the NIF the same number again below it the box for the NIF of country of residence put in your passport number.

See if this works!!!

Make sure you have an X at the start of your NIE and a letter at the end (both should be capitals) Leave no spaces and put nothing in except Capital letters and numbers.

beachlife

Also make sure you are completing the form using IE and make sure that java is up to date.

Remember you only have to complete the boxes with the red star next to it. So if you have filled any other boxes delete the information and just put in the data that is required. There is obviously some data which conflicts with the information you are inputting which is different from which they have on record.

killerb16

Our nie numbers don't start with an x... they start with a y.

Thanks

emmi

All this is exactly why I pay to have it done by Spanish Tax Forms.  For £30 they do it for you no hassle
http://spanishtaxforms.co.uk/spanish-property.html

killerb16

My tax is only 32e each to pay... they're going to have the same issue submitting the form as me if the nie doesn't work... plus I'll be paying double lol

emmi

Their fee includes multiple owners of the property, in my case two.