Author Topic: Income tax threshold  (Read 713 times)

Online Johnrgby2Topic starter

• Real stupidity trumps experience every time
Income tax threshold
« on: May 09, 2017, 12:58:47 pm »
We purchased a property here in October 2015, and became resident in December of that year mid 2016 I contacted an assesoria, advised me to submit a nonresidents tax return for 2015, which she did for us for a very small charge, I have today contacted her to ask her to complete a residents tax return for us for 2016, she has just rung me back and said as you do not work or earn any money in Spain, you are not obligated to submit a return if you are getting less than €22,000 in a pension, before moving out here we gifted two properties in the UK to the kids with certain conditions attached and turned my my private pension in to a trust fund for our grandchildren, ensuring we had covered all the tax issues in the UK, we have some small investments in the UK the income from which still leaves us below this threshold, but the info I have just received contradicts all I have read on the subject, any one any thoughts?

Offline Deso

• Roll on one way flight to the rock. :)
Re: Income tax threshold
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 15:43:03 pm »
This might be worth a read John.

http://www.advoco.es/hot-topics/39-do-you-need-to-submit-a-spanish-tax-return.html

It seems the €22000 applies to employed people and is based on the assumption that they would be paying tax under the Spanish equivalent of PAYE.

As you have income from investments it looks like a tax expert is the way to go.

The following users thanked this post: TamaraEnLaPlaya

Fuerteventura Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 15:43:03 pm »

Online Johnrgby2Topic starter

• Real stupidity trumps experience every time
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 15:48:55 pm »
This might be worth a read John.

http://www.advoco.es/hot-topics/39-do-you-need-to-submit-a-spanish-tax-return.html

It seems the €22000 applies to employed people and is based on the assumption that they would be paying tax under the Spanish equivalent of PAYE.

As you have income from investments it looks like a tax expert is the way to go.

Thats who I was speaking to Deso, but I will read your attatchment and see where we go