where are the internet providers based?

Started by Pea1, July 24, 2017, 18:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pea1

Hi Everyone

I'm coming over this weekend for 2 weeks, and I would like to get my apartment, connected to the internet.
I'm based in Corralejo, but when I walk down the high street, I don't see no internet providers.
Where are they all based?
I've been told I will need unlimited data, as I need to stream UK TV.
Are there any providers in Corralejo?
And can I be connected in under 2 weeks.

Pea

TamaraEnLaPlaya

You'll probably need an installation by Movistar. Their shop is near Rocasa and the Post Office (Correos). 2 weeks? You may be lucky but I'm doubtful. Remember that many institutions/businesses operate only a minimum service during August - it's holiday time for them as well!
Last time I checked the monthly charge by Movistar for the phone and internet line rental was about 45â,¬. (You can't have just internet at a cheaper price.). What speed you get depends a lot on luck, I've seen anything between 3 and 20 recently for new installs.
Good luck!

Pea1

Thank you TamaraEnLaPlaya.
I always wondered where Movistar was based.
I know where Rocasa is, so I will find it.
It's my own fault, I should check out the back streets more.
I googled Europa, and they want 49E per month.
I can only come out 3-4 times a year, so that's a bit much for me.
I will check out Movistar, and a few others, I have seen on the site.
Thanks again.

Archer

There's a thread on here, earlier, about using a mobile router and simcard. It works fine if you have 4g in your area and on low usage.
Orange, by the way, have just raised their monthly usage allowance to 50gig on their  '4g En Casa' internet, @ â,¬30/month, but I suspect payg may be cheaper for short stays.

brennt

Anybody use or know of Fuerteventura computers? Their website offers superfast broadband and other services.
Thanks brennt