Solar Dhws

Started by blata, September 28, 2017, 08:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blata

Looking at Solar domestic Hot water and looking for a bit of advice.

1. Any particular  system better than another?
2. Suppliers of the solar collector on the island looking for supply only?
3. Budget cost for 50/80 ltr unit?

Thanks for any help in advance

Wild Rover

Hi Blata PM me and I may have some info for you!

blata

Thanks for the info much appreciated

spitfire58

Archer

Hi Spitfire. FYI the dealer for Cymasol (solarfuer) in Gran Tarajal was not there last time I passed by. They have gone!

Not sure about the other one on the island (in Puerto).

Blata. There is a plumbers' merchant on the road up to Ideal in Puerto that stocks DIY solar hws. They can order in all sizes. Can't remember the brand but may have been something like Ariston??

MandK

Alcar Energias in Puerto ,670844277.... Tube systems , far more advanced than the panels.

Dave and Barbara

Blata, sent you a PM

Dave

Mr G

I see 3 solar power hot water systems as I drive by in Caleta installed by Bio Energy
alcarenergias@gmail.com, based in Rosario.
670844277 &630894367. They advertise in the free magazine Fuerteventura Hoy.

blata

Thank you all for the info, I am looking at a system self install.

spitfire58

Quote from: blata on October 12, 2017, 09:31:48 AM
Thank you all for the info, I am looking at a system self install.

Hi blata,
How about putting on some details of what you are looking at. I am sure a number of people on here would be interested 😀😀

MandK

Quote from: MandK on October 10, 2017, 06:54:54 AM
Alcar Energias in Puerto ,670844277.... Tube systems , far more advanced than the panels.

the do self install as well ...

blata

When I have finished installing I will post the results

MandK

Quote from: Mr G on October 12, 2017, 09:05:31 AM
I see 3 solar power hot water systems as I drive by in Caleta installed by Bio Energy
alcarenergias@gmail.com, based in Rosario.
670844277 &630894367. They advertise in the free magazine Fuerteventura Hoy.

Fantastic system , had for just over a year now , saves a fortune. you control everything from an electronic control system witch gives you the tank water temp.   In summer months i cover 4 tubes up it is that efficient. ...Used the heating element only once or twice last winter .

Mr G

Yes they do look good, and ideally I would like one.
However as our standing charge is around â,¬20 a month and usage around â,¬25 a month, and not sure how much of that is in heating water, I guess it would take a long time for payback.
I assume the kit and install must be in the region â,¬1,000 to â,¬2,000?

MandK

Quote from: Mr G on October 13, 2017, 14:19:02 PM
Yes they do look good, and ideally I would like one.
However as our standing charge is around â,¬20 a month and usage around â,¬25 a month, and not sure how much of that is in heating water, I guess it would take a long time for payback.
I assume the kit and install must be in the region â,¬1,000 to â,¬2,000?

Nearer the 1k mate, look at house value as well, easy adds that ..

Wild Rover

Alcar put in a system for me in March up till now it has been fantastic. But I have been threatened by the site admin, unless I take it down they will take me to court as all the bungalow roofs are communal and they say the system is unsightly. I hope to negotiate with them in November about moving the system to a extension roof that is not communal. The system cost me in excess of 1500â,¬ installed and should be good for between 20-30 years. We used a similar system in Turkey for 12 years and it was brilliant.

Wild Rover

One thing I forgot to mention is that if you are a resident on the island you can claim back 50%. And all new builds have to have them by law.

spitfire58

Quote from: Wild Rover on October 16, 2017, 16:20:02 PM
One thing I forgot to mention is that if you are a resident on the island you can claim back 50%. And all new builds have to have them by law.

Hi Wild Rover,
How is the 50% claimed back ? Also, will anyone actually ever get it ??

Wild Rover

Hi Spitfire I am led to believe its claimed back from he government as an incentive to use clean energy. And I believe Richard from Just4sales has had his back. I think Alcar can help with this as part of the service but don't hold me to that as I didn't pay much attention to it as it doesn't apply to me.