Selling a car

Started by decho, June 24, 2017, 13:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decho

If you sell a car privately in Fuerteventura, what is the process? I have heard its best to employ a Gestor to do the paperwork.
Also, what taxes are involved and who pays them?
An advice appreciated.

chollis

Needs to be done on a contract in Spanish. I can send you a pro-forma if you need one. There is purchase tax of 5.5% to be paid at the Tribiana in Rosario. You queue for a form that costs 50 cents and they will calculate the sales tax payable (on contract price or book price if they think the price on the contract is too low). Pay the tax at the bank then back to the Tribiana to show you have paid it and get the form stamped. Next stop Trafico for which you make an appointment on line. Fee of just over €53 to change the circulation document into new owners name. You need copies of the contract, buyers and sellers passport/Spanish I.D. card and NIE and car documents for both Tribiana and Trafico. Who pays is negotiable in the sale and should be stated in the contract. The seller cannot go to the relevant offices and complete the paperwork without the buyer unless the buyer provides the seller with temporary power of attorney for specific purpose on a specific Trafico form. The buyer can complete the paperwork without the seller present, or it can be done together. In all cases you need to have completed and both signed this form:  http://www.gestorialillo.com/pdf/solicitud-de-transferencia.pdf
Easy! or pay a gestor