Early December

Started by capricornukuk, November 01, 2016, 19:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capricornukuk

Anyone tell me what  the weather is like generally early December

bedouin

Variable! Could be OK for nude sunbathing in a sheltered spot, but probably not on the beach.

MinRich

So is Fuerteventura in December and January not a place for a beach holiday ? We were thinking of coming in those months in addition to our two other visits in the year.

Johnrgby2

I have holidayed here in January and February on numerous occasions, and as Bedouin it is variable I would not recommend it for a beach holiday but you never can tell.

luvfuert

I'm going to Costa Calma on 7th Jan for 4 weeks. Been at this time of the year on several occasions, usually good weather even for the beach, although the days are shorter you'll still get a good tan!

MLA

Hi capricornukuk, check out the last 2 years December weather posts below. Not that it will have any bearing on what will happen this year, but it will give you an idea what the weather was like then.

http://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=21117.0

http://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=19607.0

jg

Two years ago was the worst winter they had for either 10 or 30 years depending on whether you believe the official statistics or the locals.
Even so I spent most of my time naked - I was there for four weeks January to February.
JG

Magoo

The weather is a toss up at that time of year, you might be lucky.  My main gripe about the mid winter months is the shortness of the day which equals less beach time, especially if you are visiting another part of the island

Alijo

Our first visit to Fuerteventura some 10 years ago was in December and we had fantastic weather, but we visited at the end of November 2015and the weather was horrendous, so as others have said its a bit hit or miss

Gone Fishing

Just checked on some photos from our visit early to mid-December 2013 and the weather was pretty sunny by the looks of Mrs GF's tan.

It was very windy though as a few days filming of the Exodus remake Gods and Kings out by the lighthouse had to be postponed due to the sand storm.

Bit ironic that they weren't there filming the sandstorm scenes - those were computer generated instead.

capricornukuk

Well flying out next week hoping the weather is good😀