Bank reminder on consequences of failure to submit ID evidence

Started by gilbeth, April 21, 2015, 14:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbeth

Recieved reminder today by text after forgetting all about the letter way back in December. There is also a poster up in our branch of Santander. The cashier just took a copy of my NIE.
http://www.islandconnections.eu/1000003/1000043/0/44994/daily-news-article.html

Salbag777

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: Salbag777 on April 22, 2015, 13:47:58 PM
We have had nothing from Sabadell?

We had a message show up on Sabadell online banking about this some month's ago - only saw the message by chance.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Neighbour has just discovered her account has been frozen/blocked/closed - not sure which yet. She doesn't recall having received any request for ID etc and the first hint of any problem has been a notification from a service provider that a direct debit has not been paid. She then went to log on to online banking and couldn't get access. General telephone helpline (which has an 'English' option have advised her to phone her own branch to sort out the problem - not very helpful as she can't be sure she will be able to speak to anyone in English there. I'll update when there is more news on this but in the meantime I'd advise anyone to try logging on to their Spanish online banking if they haven't done so recently just to check they are not in the same boat.

Ole Man River

Hi All, just logged into my Solbank account online. No problem. Have been with them for years. Are these people new customers? I don't recall lately being asked for my ID? 8)

Ole Man River

p.s. Everyone in our Corralejo branch speaks English, shouldn't be any problem there. 8)