Parador Reopening Soon

Started by el caballo hambriento, March 24, 2017, 09:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el caballo hambriento

Using Google Translate
At the end of April, the Parador de Playa Blanca opens as a hotel-school and with a four-star category. The facilities have been completely rehabilitated and modernized with an investment of 1.3 million euros by the entity Ara Krulich S.A, which will exploit them during the next 20 years.
Advertising

The former Fuerteventura Parador, in its last stage of operation, also known as Fuerteventura Playa Blanca Hotel, will reopen its doors as a four-star accommodation at the end of April or at the latest during the first week of May, As confirmed Wednesday by the councilor of Tourism of the Cabildo majorero, Blas Acosta.

The establishment has been undergoing a thorough renovation work to modernize its facilities for a year. The rehabilitation project entailed an investment of approximately 1.3 million euros by Ara Krulich SA, which, by virtue of the agreement reached with the first major institution to rehabilitate the building, will have the right to operate the facilities without paying Annual fee over the next 20 years.

"The project is almost completed and by the end of this month they have to deliver the completion report of the works. The company should not pay the Cabildo the annual fee because it has undertaken an investment project to carry out the rehabilitation. The company has to exploit the facilities, but also keep them in good condition and also offer a training offer related to the hospitality industry, "said Acosta.

"Without losing the essence". According to Blas Acosta, the new hotel in Playa Blanca will be "a first-class establishment that will also guarantee the essence of the old Parador, but with facilities adapted to the new times".

Congress tourism without a bed. The new hotel Fuerteventura Playa Blanca will have 50 rooms completely modernized and updated with the amenities that the current clients demand. The new facility, located in Playa Blanca (Puerto del Rosario), will have capacity to accommodate 103 guests and will contribute to increase the low supply of accommodation places with which the capital city has. Even so, they will remain few, according to Tourism Minister Blas Acosta, who believes that Puerto del Rosario will need an additional 100 places to have an adequate supply to current needs and that covers, for example, incipient congress tourism Which is developed in Fuerteventura in recent years. At present, the capital hardly has a large hotel, JM Puerto del Rosario, formerly known as Las Gavias hotel, which has about 80 seats. There are also two or three small hotels with a much smaller capacity. The City Council of Puerto del Rosario has bet in the last years for a hotel in the old site of the Disa, next to the Palace of Congresses, but the project has not finished of curdling.
Google Translate for Business:Translator ToolkitWebsite TranslatorGlobal Market Finder

falkirkdan

Ara Kurlich SA are getting a great deal. Refurbishment  cost 1.3M euro and no charges for 20 years. Works out 65K a year plus interest charges for a 50 bedroom hotel.  You could hardly rent a biggish villa for 1500e a week
That is great deal for hotelier.   Good to see the Parador has been refurbed and soon open for business.

woe10

That's great news,
I hope the Restaurant will be as good, I ate there a couple of times, and was some of the best meals I've had on the Island. I hope it hasn't lost it's Ambience.

Windermeregolfer

As a recently retired hotelier who as a Governor at Kendal College with a Leading Hospitality facility here in the UK had looked at the potential of developing a Hotel School  in the Lakes I will be very interested in the operation of the Old Parador as an Hotel School.

We have driven past the Parador on many occasions when it was open and since it has been being refurbished and always thought what great potential it has.

Having not been in side before the refurbishment started I will find it hard to compare but think that 1.3mâ,¬ to refurbish is a snip, and to maintain a good standard as a hotel school matching the standards of the developments of the industry will mean a substantial annual investment for each of the 20 year agreement.

To give you an idea of the investment required at Kendal College we have just invested £150k in a kitchen and have plans for another £175k in another kitchen the current training needs and expectations of the industry are met.

I look forward to visiting and having a look round.

Kyle

I can see it from my livingroom, its at the bottom of our hill. Itll be my "local" when it opens.....

el caballo hambriento

About a month late, not bad for Fven. :P

Kyle

Visited today, very impressive....outstanding seaviews from dining room and bar. Some work still ongoing....the director believes outside area, including tennis court and pool will be complete in the next 2 weeks

GSD Girl

Is it open to non residents for food?

ashworth

Can you just go in and have a drink or is it just for hotel guests?

woe10

GSD Girl

Always looking for somewhere new to try. Roughly, what's not cheap? We would be doing lunch not dinner and like a wine or two 8) 8)

erik_tonny

Why are most people on this forum always occupied with the price ?
Never see discussions or questions about the quality.

Jamesy

Price is important if one is living on a tight budget, but wishes to do something a bit more special on an odd occasion.

I think the information is good. For instance there is a fish restaurant in Poole (UK) beach front. We were walking up from Bournemouth side and were starving. There was a Harvester in Bournemouth, but it was full. Due to health reasons we did not want to have a big white roll with hotdog or similar.

We came across the restaurant and there was no menu (at the time) in the front to tell you what they do and how much is it.

So, we sat down and saw tuna and salad and though that's good for both of us. When we finally got our food it was (I kid you not) two tiny slivers of tuna (half inch wide and an inch long with some watercress and tomato slices.

Cost, a minor thing £20 plus two sparkling waters (a few quid).....

Moral of the story....know what it is that you buying and how much is it; willing to pay the price?

GSD Girl

If you have the ability to do some prior research you would be daft not to take advantage. That`s one of the great assets of this forum. I don`t think it can be misconstrued for a preoccupation with price. Just a sensible question which, in my humble opinion, justifies a sensible reply.

el caballo hambriento

One can always ask what something costs.  Walk out if it does not meet with your requirements.

ashworth

haribo

Asking what the prices are is like a minefield and how long is a piece of string, don't forget there is one price for tourists and one price for locals in most restaurants and bars even though we have owned a property in fuerte for 13 years if you get recognised it can be up to 20% cheaper, this is the one thing i hate about spain, the same with water with aguas antigua three prices local, resident and OAPs but we all use the same. What if i had a spanish neighbour in england  and my water was cheaper it would not happen. I will give it a try when i am next over just interested what its like.

GSD Girl

Would be great to hear an opinion from anyone visiting.  When we are over we always walk from Rosario to Caleta and pass this place. I have always be intrigued by the tower. It would be good to incorporate lunch here so a recommendation would be appreciated.   :-*

Jamesy

Quote from: GSD Girl on June 08, 2017, 14:12:06 PM
Would be great to hear an opinion from anyone visiting.  When we are over we always walk from Rosario to Caleta and pass this place. I have always be intrigued by the tower. It would be good to incorporate lunch here so a recommendation would be appreciated.   :-*

I'll see what I can do the next week when over there :)

GSD Girl

Great. Have a safe journey and a fab time you lucky people. Look forward to your review if you do go.  :)

ashworth

Quote from: haribo on June 08, 2017, 10:39:41 AM
Asking what the prices are is like a minefield and how long is a piece of string, don't forget there is one price for tourists and one price for locals in most restaurants and bars even though we have owned a property in fuerte for 13 years if you get recognised it can be up to 20% cheaper, this is the one thing i hate about spain, the same with water with aguas antigua three prices local, resident and OAPs but we all use the same. What if i had a spanish neighbour in england  and my water was cheaper it would not happen. I will give it a try when i am next over just interested what its like.
We get between 10/20% off the bill at our favorite restaurants in Caleta. 10% off all Elba bars and resturants.