Plus Car query on drop off time please

Started by rosiebear, October 03, 2016, 12:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosiebear

HI all  ;) :)

Have used Pluscar many times no problems.  Just a query.  We booked a car a while back for our stay next August, great price.  I had a notification from the airline that the return flight time had changed.  So now instead of dropping the car off at 0900 we would need to drop off at 1700 (car pick up remains the same 1800).  Emailed Plus car to advise, got an email back saying thats fine, just make a new booking on the website and say in the notes that you want to cancel original booking.  But if I do this the price has now gone up by around 100 euros!  Which I have told them and I have just said I would keep booking how it is.  Happy to pay for an extra day if it goes into another day price bracket but not that much  :o  So....my question is when you have collected car and they ask you if drop off time is still the same as when you booked (which I have been asked in the past) have you changed it then and not had to pay extra or just paid a few more euros for the extra hours???  Cheers in advance  ;D

Smudger64

Had a similar thing, I wanted to shorten the hire period time and had the same response to make a new booking and add the comments i wanted to shorten the period in the comments box. So i did as advised and it came back as no availability, which was a bit frustrating. which seemed a bit bizarre!

Can the Man

Last October I had to change my return flight pans as I had to go direct to Germany for work and my wife went back to Ireland. I told them when I was collecting the car that I would need it for a few extra hours, no problem, they just charged me for an extra day as it ran very the time I had originally collected ted the car and they do not charge by the hour, only by the day.
Speak with the agent before you leave with the car, or call them on +34 658 894 866 and make the arrangement

rosiebear

Thanks Can, quite happy to pay a bit extra, but not that much!! Will speak to them when we pick up.  Thanks for the advice  :)

Archer

Pluscar seem fairly flexible. As a 'banker' book the extra day now as 1 day hire (should be about 35â,¬ for 24hrs). If they don't give you a sensible deal when you pick up the car, then you have the option of returning it ontime, and then taking another for 24hrs on the new booking. Easy.

Can the Man

Pluscar were very good to me today, I have a fiat Qubo hired for the week for â,¬92, when I arrived to collect the car, the flight was early so no car ready but that was no problem , he just shot off to get it. In the m anytime told me I was getting an upgrade to a 7 seater fiat dobolo but I neede boot space so they took out the extra seats. He had all the paper work filled out because I was a regular customer and told me the upgrade was free. Happy days