Health care

Started by tigga1958, July 18, 2017, 11:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigga1958

Can anyone tell me what's is the facts with regard healthcare for people who take early retirement and who do not receive a pension yet?

We want to register as residents but so many story's out there.

Many thanks 

Deso

Basically, to apply for residencia, as you are under pension age, you have to provide your own healthcare and prove you have enough money to support yourself, I think it is around â,¬6000 in the bank but will stand corrected on that one.

Unlike the UK, if you don't pay into the social security system in Spain, you get zilch.

Once you have been resident in Spain for 12 months you could join the 'Convenio Especial' whereby you pay €60 a month each for full 'Spanish' healthcare apart from dental and reduced prescription charges.
This goes up to €157 once you get to 65 and over.

We never seem to get any recommendations on Private Health companies for Fuerteventura so I must assume that most people who live there and don't work are relying on the EHIC or flitting back and forth to the UK.   ::)  :P

We are planning on taking early retirement and moving over next year so I will be looking into things myself.
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

tigga1958

Many thanks,

Same info that I have found.

Will update as soon as I find out anything.

mooro

Try DKV either direct or through Sabadell Bank or MAPFE both online