Author Topic: IPTV  (Read 2227 times)

Offline malabu

IPTV
« on: January 13, 2018, 18:56:42 pm »
Here is the latest report bit long winded but to the point

LAW ENFORCEMENT AND PRIVATE SECTOR JOIN FORCES TO SHUT DOWN ILLEGAL STREAMING NETWORK
12 January 2018
Press Release
PDF

THIS NEWS/PRESS RELEASE IS ABOUT INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CRIME

View all crime areas

On 11 January 2018, a crime group suspected of hosting a large-scale illegal IPTV streaming business has been dismantled. The investigations were led by the Cypriot Police – Intellectual Property Crime Unit, with the support of the Cybercrime Division of the Greek Police, the Dutch Fiscal Investigative and Intelligence Service (FIOD), the Cybercrime Unit of the Bulgarian Police, Europol’s Intellectual Property Crime Coordinated Coalition (IPC³) and with the support of members of the Audiovisual Anti-Piracy Alliance (AAPA). In total, four individuals have been arrested and 17 houses searches have been carried out in Cyprus, Bulgaria and Greece.

The network is accused of illicitly distributing Greek, Cypriot and foreign pay TV subscriber channels, using several servers to facilitate illegal signal dissemination via subscription channels. These services were allegedly offered through retailers throughout Europe and sold as a monthly illegal subscription for as little as 20 Euros. The investigation also uncovered machine sites that worked with the central server to relay subscriber channels.

In total, one individual was arrested in Bulgaria on the action day, alongside three others in Cyprus. The servers used to distribute the channels were shut down, and IP addresses hosted by a Dutch company were also deactivated thanks to the cooperation of the authorities of The Netherlands. In Bulgaria, 84 servers and 70 satellite receivers were seized, with decoders, computers and accounting documents.

The raids involved cooperation with local police authorities and were supported by Europol’s Intellectual Property Crime Coordinated Coalition (IPC³) and the private sector, which provided technical and forensic expertise.

Europol has supported the investigation since the beginning by providing continued analytical support. On the action day, Europol experts were deployed to provide on-the-spot support with mobile office and data extraction tools.

Offline Windermeregolfer

• A Hole In One - In My Dreams
  • Keeping Calm
Re: IPTV
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 19:23:14 pm »
OMG that explains why at about 5.30pm last evening we lost our TV through the MAG Box and no end of reload / reboot has worked, not a happy bunny   😥😥😤😤

Offline ANDMAG

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 09:09:21 am »
A Big thanks to Sky, Virgin and BT

Offline malabu

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 09:29:40 am »
Why are they now providing  a service on the Islands,

Offline malabu

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 09:32:20 am »
Any one looking at an alternative try ZK, email Paul, paul@zktv.email, or phone 922323741, the company has nothing to do with me i am only passing on who provides my service and i know how us expats miss Corry etc,

Offline Windermeregolfer

• Keeping Calm
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 23:36:51 pm »
Well I have been told that our outrage was caused by a fire at the data centre, nothing to do with the raids mentioned above.
Slowly they are getting things back up and running, portal can be loaded, radio working and TV menus all back in place just need the TV feed and back in business.

Offline malabu

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 04:53:47 am »
Portal,Radio, and menu are not streamed they are on line for anyone, but i hope you right and does get up and running soon, we are into our 11 year living here now and gone through so many systems i have lost count, but somehow something always comes along as there is to much money to be made that the smart boys will always get around it, glad to say i have never lost mine, had it four years and only ever had minor problems and even then the cure is only a phone call away, 

Offline ANDMAG

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 09:58:10 am »
No not to my knowledge but they are leading the campaign to close down all IPTV suppliers of programmes! :(
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:53:38 am by ANDMAG »

Offline DaveW

• Enjoy every day
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 10:07:02 am »
No problems with the ZKTV system, a good weekend watching uninterrupted football and golf.

Offline malabu

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 13:55:21 pm »
No not to my knowledge but they are leading the campaign to close down all IPTV suppliers of programmes! :(

How will help you,

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 14:40:07 pm »

How will help you,

Malabu, I sense a certain amount of cynicism in his thanks ::)

Offline malabu

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 17:47:48 pm »
There's no accounting for people is there.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 17:51:30 pm »
There's no accounting for people is there.

:D :D :D :D :D

Offline Some Bloke

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 09:22:54 am »
No problems with the ZKTV system, a good weekend watching uninterrupted football and golf.

Same here  8)

May not be the cheapest out there but sometimes cheap is a false economy. Paul's a good bloke too & provides excellent support when needed (which isn't often).

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 10:01:08 am »
With IPTV gone we might have a little faster internet  :)

Offline Windermeregolfer

• Keeping Calm
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 10:21:48 am »
Portal,Radio, and menu are not streamed they are on line for anyone, but i hope you right and does get up and running soon, we are into our 11 year living here now and gone through so many systems i have lost count, but somehow something always comes along as there is to much money to be made that the smart boys will always get around it, glad to say i have never lost mine, had it four years and only ever had minor problems and even then the cure is only a phone call away,

Hi malabu - For 36 hours we had absolutley nothing it just saying portal won't load please retry. Now back in UK for 4 weeks but told the TV is up and running.

Offline malabu

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 10:37:01 am »
Yes it seems it is all sorted now, so a lot of expats will breath a sigh of relief, and Sky, Virgin and BT, CAN STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE AND THERE £80.00 MONTH :P :P :P

Offline woe10

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 14:38:53 pm »
Nothing wrong with mine, it´s perfect .

If you're with Fuerteventura Streaming Media, then their server has been down but is OK now.

I'm with Flawless IPTV and have never had a problem. Problems are nothing to do with Sky, Bt, Virgin. That only applies to the UK where you would need a VPN for Premier League etc, but doesn't effect the Canary Islands.
Don't listen to scaremongering like the top of the page post, there's nothing that thost companies can do. 

Go to  http://www.briangannon.co.uk/brianstv/

Offline woe10

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 14:42:59 pm »
 8) 8) 8)

Offline F1REFLY999

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 14:55:07 pm »
Need to remove the character at the end of your hyperlink Woe....otherwise it states it's not a valid address  ;)

Offline woe10

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 17:02:54 pm »
Need to remove the character at the end of your hyperlink Woe....otherwise it states it's not a valid address  ;)

Yeh I know cheers, I deleted it twice but it goes back on it's own. Something to do with Admin and no Links, I think.

If anybody wants to look, copy the link into your browser, then just delete the last character

Offline DaveW

• Enjoy every day
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 10:15:45 am »

Hi malabu - For 36 hours we had absolutley nothing it just saying portal won't load please retry. Now back in UK for 4 weeks but told the TV is up and running.

Hi John, hope that your system is working again OK, pleased to say that I have had continuous service with my ZKTV system and didn't miss any TV or matches.  We are back in Fuerteventura tomorrow so might bump into you.

Offline Windermeregolfer

• Keeping Calm
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 18:40:01 pm »

Hi John, hope that your system is working again OK, pleased to say that I have had continuous service with my ZKTV system and didn't miss any TV or matches.  We are back in Fuerteventura tomorrow so might bump into you.

Dave, sent you a PM