Museums to visit

Started by peanut123, January 16, 2018, 14:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut123

What is the best museums to visit and the rough price of them, having parents coming over for the first time and i need to organise 10 days of activites
Thanks

emmi

I can recommend the UnaMuno museum in Puerto del Rosario. It is free to go in, and shows a typical house of the 1920s where the famous writer lived for a short while. 

Mr Boo Boo

The Tefia village is worth a visit IMO.. off the FV207

el caballo hambriento

Betancuria, Cheese Museum Antigua, Salt Works at Las Salinas, Windmill Museum at Tiscamanita

Snowdrop

Quote from: emmi on January 17, 2018, 09:09:10 AM
I can recommend the UnaMuno museum in Puerto del Rosario. It is free to go in, and shows a typical house of the 1920s where the famous writer lived for a short while.
Where about is this please 🙂

Snowdrop

Quote from: Gramster on January 17, 2018, 11:41:36 AM
The Tefia village is worth a visit IMO.. off the FV207
Defo worth a visit the eco village at tefia.  And if you are lucky if enough to go on the day they bake bread it`s gorgeous -but I cannot recall what days. Maybe tues and Friday.   It also has a number of places within it that make/sell lace, clay pots, things from palm leaves etc.
The one place that I did think was a waste of money was the art/museum place behind the church at la oliva. 
though going into the church at la oliva is worth a visit. 

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Casa de Coronnels in La Oliva.
La Oliva has a guided tour covering various historical/cultural buildings in the town, can't remember which morning but it's advertised in various places.

duncolm

I liked the small farming museum, La Cilla, in La Oliva too.
For me the cheese museum at Antigua is a must.
There's also a good display on natural history over two floors at the Morro Velosa viewpoint.

emmi

CASA MUSEO UNAMUNO

C/ Ntra. Sra. del Rosario, s/n

Puerto del Rosario - Fuerteventura.

Phone: 928 862 376

Behind the big Cabildo building in PDR