Property

Started by paulspot, January 01, 2015, 21:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulspot

Been looking online at an apartment on Caleta Paraíso complex and have quite a bit of info but any more would be appreciated. We have a very tight budget but feel now is the time to buy as prices are very good.  Would be looking to rent out to cover charges etc but mainly looking ahead to when we retire.

Many thanks

Paul

shabbychic

My brother in law has just bought a property there.... he is very happy with it.. there is a lot of work being done at the moment,so I can imagine it will improve even more over time. They are repainting the entire complex which had become quite disheveled looking... the only minus in my opinion is the community fees of 103 euro per month(does include water and electricity) ... we have purchased across the road in Torres de Castillo and the fees are only 53 euro per month( but does not include utilities)  I do think it is a good time to buy, and where else would you get year long sunshine for that money?

paulspot

Thanks for the reply, and the fact work is going on is a good sign,=. four of these apartments have been released by the bank but 3 are already reserved we are hoping that the last one will still be available when we come out at the end of Jan as at the price range we are looking at there would not be a lot of choice. 

RVEEE

Muchos problemos with renting out - you will need a licence but the authorities will not issue them. They will try to trace you through advertising sites, so be warned.

SheilaW

EUR 103 a month (mainly for everyone else's water and electricity usage) doesn't seem like a good idea when there's as yet no legal renting out allowed, not to holidaymakers at any rate. You'd have to rent it out by the year to avoid getting into trouble, meaning you wouldn't have the use of it yourself.

paulspot

Was trying to find out about the rental situation and have realized it is more residential, but understand that there are at least 2 being used as holiday lets one which we are thinking of staying in, i have more details on the apartment and it had been wrecked so would need quite a bit of work.   

MazHeard

Re purchase of apartment in Caleta Paraiso, on the complex there was 4 apartment s released from the bank. I have reserved one of them. It needs a complete refurbishment and wondered if any could recommend any decent builders. Thanking you for any helpful information.

shabbychic

Congrats on your purchase... my sister in law bought there recently, and we bought across the road in Torres de Castillo.  Ours had to be totally gutted also, and we got a guy who lives in our complex to do the job for us. If you want to message me I would be happy to give you all the details

spitfire58

Anyone got an update on these properties ?? They have been "temporarily withdrawn" by the estate agent as i was looking recently. Any info helpful as i have lodged interest when they return to sell