Caleta De Fuste

Started by duggiesdad, June 05, 2012, 04:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duggiesdad

I have read that Caleta beach is not the place to go naked, but just about any other beach is on the island. Is this because of the "must not be seen naked because I'm English" reason or is it tradition? . I ask this because I thought it was legal to go naked anywhere on public beaches in Spain.

Magoo

quote:
Originally posted by duggiesdad

I have read that Caleta beach is not the place to go naked, but just about any other beach is on the island. Is this because of the "must not be seen naked because I'm English" reason or is it tradition? . I ask this because I thought it was legal to go naked anywhere on public beaches in Spain.

It is only legal by default as there is no law against it. However, if you upset enough people you may get thumped or be dragged off by the Guards if they get complaints about your behavior.

We have been coming to Fuerty for over 15 years & Caleta has never been known for naturism. Could be that its bacause there are much better beaches to the South. Also, it is mainly the Germans who drive naturism & they like the Jandia area.

Nudepete06

You can be naked in caleta as we were, the stone shelters are a safe start but people don't bother much I just stayed clear of family areas.

scottishnudist

We are regulars at caleta de fuste and Fuerte for the past 5 years or so.

At Caleta we are nude around our apartments - never had an issue. On the beach we go to the "rough" beach at the Atlintico and find a convenient stone shelter - great to get out of the wind and can be a fantastic sun trap. Handy to for nipping out to the rock pools and cooling off. Always nude here. A few other nudes to and a few curious peekers.

In general, we are naked all the time but respectably discreet.

Caleta is not known for its nudist areas. Can but change though...

Dunes at corraljeco are great too.

mickboy

scottishnudist which apartments do you use? we have been to the island quite a few times and thinking of trying Caleta

scottishnudist

We've been to that many cant remember which is which. However, doesn't really matter there is always plenty of scope around apartments if you behave. Nude in Caletta is do-able and should be encouraged. We are next there in September, see you then.

duggiesdad

With regard to the posting by dicko (General Chat - caleta de fuste )

If more european visitors who have less hangups than the British about  beach nudity are spending time in Caleta, will this mean that us who like to swim and sunbathe naked will become more acceptable on Caleta beach.

I for one hope so and will be giving it a try at Christmas.