Banking an Irish cheque (euro) into Santander

Started by glenys, April 23, 2013, 10:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenys

Is it possible to pay an Irish euro cheque into Santander bank in Caleta, and will I have to pay to do it. Thank you

Brightspark

I paid a cheque of US$ in to banco popular but it took around 2 weeks to cash as the conversion was a long wait apparently

Don't know if this helps

harri

I paid an irish cheque into solbank about two years and was charged an awful lot to do it.They did refund most of it when i said i would close my account but still charged me 50 euro for administration.Your best bet would be to have it transfared into your spanish account as this is a lot cheaper to do from ireland.

glenys

Thank you both for your help, I should have known it couldn't be that easy....

Can the Man

I transfer money from my Irish account to my Solbank account and there are no additional charges

SheilaW

Cheques are generally much better dealt with in their country of origin, particularly as most countries are fast phasing them out. I work as a translator and have clients all over the world and I know only too well what a pain international cheques can be. >:( When I opened my Solbank account here I asked about a cheque book, as they're still quite widely used in France (where I lived previously). She gave me an odd look and said she supposed I could have one if that's what I really wanted. In other words, imagine going into a fax-transmission shop and asking them to send a message written in chalk on a slate! :o

Your Irish bank will presumably charge zero for the deposit, and Solbank will charge zero for an online transfer, so you'll only have the postage to pay. Could take a while though, with the post from here going by pedalo and moped. :(