Best Beach for nude sun bathing

Started by 5050couple, July 21, 2017, 19:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5050couple

Hello, we are visiting Fuerteventura in October for 1 week. Staying in Barcelo Corralejo Bay hotel. Got rental car for the week also. Want to visit a few nudist beaches. Any recommendations from other couples who have been there? We are both 50+ but youthful :-)
Thanks.

fizzy lemonade

Drive to & park between the Riu hotels just south of Corralejo, walk onto the beach, turn right & walk for 200mtres, from there onwards you are fine, great beach

You can also drive to El Cotillo, tbh we didn't really fancy it too much, too quiet but may give it another chance in the future

Magoo

There are no dedicated nudist beaches on Fuerteventura. In theory, all beaches are cloths optional, in practice naturism tends to concentrate in certain areas.

The choices  depend on what you want from the beach, secluded  or more mainstream with easier access & sunbed rental. Relatively safe swimming or sunbathing only, some beaches are lethal for swimming.

My choices are

1. Esquinzo beach below the Robinson hotel. Sunbeds, safe swimming & nearby beach bars.  The naturist / textile ratio varies across the year. Head south and take the Butihondo  exit from the FV1 motorway & follow the Farmacia signs, then head down into Esquinso. There is a public foot path (steep) down to the beach next to the Marina playa hotel.  Turn right on the beach & there are stone circles or keep walking for 10 min for sunbeds.

2. El Cotillo in the North.  A mix of white sand & rocks with lagoons for swimming around high tide.  Very scenic, & quite secluded take drinks food etc with you. Use road map to get there, then head over toward the lighthouse. You will see other cars parked up off road. Take care not to trash the car tyres on the rocks.

3. Cofete on the Jandia peninsula. The most spectacular beach on the island but remote, exposed & getting there involves breaking every rule that car hire companies have. so you will not be insured. A bus service is available, but I have never tried it. The beach is worth seeing, even if you don't use it. DO NOT SWIM HERE no matter what other people do.

4. Playa Juan Gomez again on the Jandia peninsula. Small bay on the sheltered side of the peninsula, so swimming at your discretion, few people around and a real hire car wrecker if you get careless. The track to it is near the Cofete turn off.

I would recommend buying a decent road map of the island. never swim on the west coast & take some sun shelter with you.

Enjoy! 

bedouin

Our favourite is the Sotavento beach; lots of soft golden sand, gentle slope into the water, can wander naked for miles.  No facilities there, but there are sunbeds (also naturist) and a good beach bar just south at Mal Nombre.

Magoo

Quote from: bedouin on July 22, 2017, 11:52:57 AM
Our favourite is the Sotavento beach; lots of soft golden sand, gentle slope into the water, can wander naked for miles.  No facilities there, but there are sunbeds (also naturist) and a good beach bar just south at Mal Nombre.

Indeed, the area south of the Gorriones outside of Costa Calma  is ideal for those who like their own company. The last time I walked along there, I noticed that the sand near the waters edge, was a tad 'Sinkey' & my footprints had vanished. I made a hasty retreat! A spectacular beach, if a tad windy at times

harlequin16

Flag beach just outside of Corralejo (where the surfers are found in numbers) is close by, and a little further on past the RUI hotels is another great spot for sunbathing; and also wandering over the vast dune area.

Personally I like El Cotillo, you can go nude at La Concha beach, and there is Torino beach bar for refreshment if required; and the lagoons are great for relaxing, swimming and strolling around too.

Magoo

JandiaFan

Quote from: Magoo on August 07, 2017, 21:53:34 PM
Playa Juan Gomez

Fabulous beach Magoo, long drive from Corralejo though but definitely worth the OP coming south for a day or two.

JF

helsbelles

What makes Playa Juan Gomez fabulous? I have never visited there so am unable to comment but it doesn't look anything special from the picture - seems to be more rocks than sand and a rocky entry to the sea.

JandiaFan

Sheltered, sunny aspect, usually deserted and fab swimming / snorkelling

JF

Quote from: helsbelles on August 08, 2017, 21:31:29 PM
What makes Playa Juan Gomez fabulous? I have never visited there so am unable to comment but it doesn't look anything special from the picture - seems to be more rocks than sand and a rocky entry to the sea.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Is it a beach about halfway between Morro Jable and the Faro, along the dirt track? Is the turning off the main dirt track signposted in anyway? I think it is a place we found years ago and then forgot where it was!

JandiaFan

Quote from: TamaraEnLaPlaya on August 09, 2017, 01:30:17 AM
Is it a beach about halfway between Morro Jable and the Faro, along the dirt track? Is the turning off the main dirt track signposted in anyway? I think it is a place we found years ago and then forgot where it was!

You are thinking of the correct location, I don't remember it being signposted but it is one of the bigger tracks down and fairly steep.

JF

janandpaul

Hi, we have just returned from paradise, this time we used a lot the beach up on the top of the island, near majanicho, had the place to our selves nearly every day, no facilities but heh, naturist don't need any thing ,do ya!, take your car full of what you need, plenty of water, I managed to park twenty metre from the beach in safety, used the other regular haunts but this was a change.  I hope you find the peace that we do, :o

KWC

Quote from: janandpaul on August 10, 2017, 10:37:37 AM
Hi, we have just returned from paradise, this time we used a lot the beach up on the top of the island, near majanicho, had the place to our selves nearly every day, no facilities but heh, naturist don't need any thing ,do ya!, take your car full of what you need, plenty of water, I managed to park twenty metre from the beach in safety, used the other regular haunts but this was a change.  I hope you find the peace that we do, :o

Hello janandpaul.

Looking at Google map is it to the left of the village, if so can I ask a few questions as we normally stay in Lajares and its not that far North of the Village.

I see the asphalted road stops short of Manjanicho, is the road ok after that?
Also is the beach ok for bathing as in one can get in for swim or is it a rocky access.

Any hints and tips would be very welcome

Thanks
Kwc

janandpaul

hi, and sorry for the delay, yes, the road does turn into a dusty trail but ok at low speed, only about 10 mins to destination, choose your car spot, take a walk, choose where you want to lie, yes there are rocks ,most at low tide but we found that by each afternoon, it was lovely, you can walk the beach in peace, you see a few of the quad bike companies drive past but its not really a problem, just chill, very quiet,i hope you enjoy your stay, I love the place, but my significant other will not leave the uk,

KWC

Thank you very much for the info and I will certainly be paying it a visit when next there.   :-*

suendrob

Quote from: fizzy lemonade on July 21, 2017, 22:40:04 PM
Drive to & park between the Riu hotels just south of Corralejo, walk onto the beach, turn right & walk for 200mtres, from there onwards you are fine, great beach

You can also drive to El Cotillo, tbh we didn't really fancy it too much, too quiet but may give it another chance in the future

Yes, it is quiet, but that is a large part of it's charm.

For us, the joy is in being away from the hordes. In town, for lunch etc, we can find somewhere quiet, with an outlook. On the beaches by the lagoons, you get nice gentle water, whereas wide, open beaches can get a bit lively. Beyond the lighthouse we can often find a beach to ourselves.

Perhaps we think of Naturism as 'being in touch with nature, unemcumbered by clothes, peaceful, quiet.

bt4710881

Hi,

Just a quick email to see if you are both ok helen.

Visit our island soon

john x