Tightened security leaving Fuerte

Started by Gone Fishing, September 28, 2015, 17:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elite of the forum

Well thats the chance you take has ive said before im not one to sit at home worrying about what might happen ,if its your time its your time in my eyes ,who would have thought going to a cafe in Paris would end your life !!!! It can happen anywhere and Europe  seems to be the place for it to happen  :(

Anyway you would miss me HTT  ::)
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

Ivemovedon

Might miss you red but i'd be quite happy to see the back of Sperik.  :D Be nice to see him take a one way trip to Syria...he could let us all know if its a rat hole or not.

Elite of the forum

Will let you know what Jordan is like  ;D

Ivemovedon

brunette with 44 inch bristols the last time i saw her. :D :D :D

Magoo

Quote from: Red Russki of the Rovers on November 15, 2015, 14:01:08 PM
Will let you know what Jordan is like  ;D

Went there on business once. Quite a nice place with lots of tourism oputunities if you have the time. A lot of Yanks go there to see where their favourite fictional character in the Bible died.
However, it has war on every border, so the potential for kicking off can't be ignored.  PS. It was bloody cold when I went

Elite of the forum

Well aware of the potential ,not intending going near the Syrian border or Iraqi or Saudi come to that ,but will be going near the Israeli border,as for the weather low 20's during the day but cool at night bit better than the Uk

Richard D

Russki, just come back from Jordan and Lebanon. Perfectly safe, just behave and fall in with there way of life, praise Allah when you get a meal or drink goes down well. I also made the mrs walk behind me wearing black with one of those face things on, goes down a treat. When in Rome etc.

dee-dee

MLA

Elite of the forum

We pass it on to the mrs dj im sure she will like it

Not going till Friday Dee ;D

dee-dee

Elite of the forum

Ok

Ps it was the big mans birthday yesterday  :-* :-*

dee-dee

Elite of the forum

Picked the car hire up (OMG driving round Jordan on our own)and drove south to Lots cave (soddem and gomarrah) then up to a fort thats supposed to be Gomarrah of old we had 2 blowouts at the same time in the effing middle of nowhere ,2 young Jordanian lads ( no English)stopped to help us took one of the tyres away to get a new one fitted brought it back £18 they also fitted the wheels back on for us so we dropped them a few quid, couldnt get hold of the hire company,got back explained to the hire company they upgraded us to top of the range 4x4  ;D

So just to say wonderful people all helpful ,quite good not many Brits here loads of Yanks and Japanese with french ,german and scandanavians but the poor old Brits must be filling their nappies oh well i suppose they are happy in Benidorm  toodle pips for now ;D ;D ;D

Akhmed of the Rovers

Ivemovedon

Elite of the forum

On a serious note got to say all the hotels at the dead sea resort have security gates and airport style metal detectors but to be honest dont feel threatened at all people are great and very helpful and the weather at the dead sea is still hot got to 29 deg yesterday and at night still t shirt weather ,if sitting in the sun was our thing wouldnt hesitate in coming back here for another winter break

Ivemovedon

All sounds very convincing red. Personally I'll give the middle east a rest and leave it to you intrepid travellers , michael palin and the SAS for the time being .

appy ammer

Quote from: Red Russki of the Rovers on November 26, 2015, 18:56:15 PM
Picked the car hire up (OMG driving round Jordan on our own)and drove south to Lots cave (soddem and gomarrah) then up to a fort thats supposed to be Gomarrah of old we had 2 blowouts at the same time in the effing middle of nowhere ,2 young Jordanian lads ( no English)stopped to help us took one of the tyres away to get a new one fitted brought it back £18 they also fitted the wheels back on for us so we dropped them a few quid, couldnt get hold of the hire company,got back explained to the hire company they upgraded us to top of the range 4x4  ;D

So just to say wonderful people all helpful ,quite good not many Brits here loads of Yanks and Japanese with french ,german and scandanavians but the poor old Brits must be filling their nappies oh well i suppose they are happy in Benidorm  toodle pips for now ;D ;D ;D

Akhmed of the Rovers

Orlando got an office out there aswell  :o
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Elite of the forum

Ivemovedon

Do they actually check the cars for minor damage on return ?. Or does it have to be a minimum of bomb, missile or shrapnel to have your credit card deducted. :D

Elite of the forum

They point out every and i mean every tiny little dent or scratch out to you  ;D

Quite funny got pulled over at a police check point about 30 miles from Syria today had a good laugh with them thought we might be in the poo no rental car licence in the car but they were fine,then drove back to the Palestinian border to see where Jesus was baptised ,just ya average saturday out really  ;D

Ivemovedon

You sure get about red.

Respect mate, i wouldn't do it myself.

Heard that Benidorms very nice this time of year.  ;)

Elite of the forum

Heard that to HTT think id be more scared there with all the drunken brits  ;D

Spike On Q

I always felt safe in Israel. Everyone I know has an atomic bomb proofed shelter in the basement. The kibbutz on the Lebanese border huge shelters so deep you needed lifts to get to them. The weapons arsenal there has enormous and the permanent defences impressive. I'm off to build a slit trench.

bluefox

any pics of yer travel's red ? bit of desert sand maybe  :D

Elite of the forum

I would but no idea how to post pics on here now

Anyway flight from hell home today ,left Istanbul at 0750 30 mins into flight sharp banking on the plane announcement that we are going back to Istanbul suspicious device found on board ,turned out to be an iphone that no one would claim ,so we land refuel then wait for new food to arrive by this time the crew would be  over their hours so then had to wait for new crew took off at 1125 ,on approach to Manchester never been in turbulance as bad in my life the plane kept dropping hundreds of feet at a time pilot couldnt keep it straight 2 aborted attempts ended up going to Birmingham about 50% of plane being sick kids screaming all good fun ,so we land and they say we are going back to Manchester well nearly a riot eventually they relent and we get off the plane after  45 mins then because baggage handlers had been told we were off again there wasnt anyone to unload finally got our bags at 1745 ,sod the bus to manchester caught train home arrived at 2050 ,will look into compo this week  ;D

fatherted

Quote from: Red Russki of the Rovers on November 29, 2015, 20:52:49 PM
I would but no idea how to post pics on here now

Anyway flight from hell home today ,left Istanbul at 0750 30 mins into flight sharp banking on the plane announcement that we are going back to Istanbul suspicious device found on board ,turned out to be an iphone that no one would claim ,so we land refuel then wait for new food to arrive by this time the crew would be  over their hours so then had to wait for new crew took off at 1125 ,on approach to Manchester never been in turbulance as bad in my life the plane kept dropping hundreds of feet at a time pilot couldnt keep it straight 2 aborted attempts ended up going to Birmingham about 50% of plane being sick kids screaming all good fun ,so we land and they say we are going back to Manchester well nearly a riot eventually they relent and we get off the plane after  45 mins then because baggage handlers had been told we were off again there wasnt anyone to unload finally got our bags at 1745 ,sod the bus to manchester caught train home arrived at 2050 ,will look into compo this week  ;D

Just be thankful you did'nt have to use Leeds/Bradistan you might still be up in the air. Only joking sounds horrific

Magoo

I once found an ipod down the back of my seat on a BA flight. The attendant just made a note of the seat number & put it in the galley.  It was business class though, & as we all know, terrorists always fly pikey.
Istanbul is a total cr@p hole, especially if you are connecting between international and domestic. I would have wept if I been told that we were returning.
Would not hold out much hope on the compo front, as most of the stuff that happened would be classed as force majeure.

Elite of the forum

That's what I said to the missus, phone cleaners fault weather act of god/Allah, baggage handlers not their fault can see it Al in the email , but can only try

Magoo

Quote from: Red Russki of the Rovers on November 30, 2015, 12:01:19 PM
That's what I said to the missus, phone cleaners fault weather act of god/Allah, baggage handlers not their fault can see it Al in the email , but can only try

Compo Inshallah!  (May the Virgins smile upon you)