Seeking Hotel Recommendation

Started by JandiaFan, July 20, 2017, 14:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JandiaFan

Following on from my previous posts about the MagicLife being closed for a while next year and the Fuerteventura Princess completely closing the FKK area ... the question is where else to go ?.

Looking for a textile hotel with a good FKK area; somewhere nice to sunbathe and relax ideally with a pool, sauna and steamroom. Preferably 4* establishment near a clothing optional beach and ideally does AI.

Does such a place exist, preferably in Fuerteventura if not other Canary Island or even further afield ?.

Any recommendations welcome.

Many thanks

JF

bedouin

In Fuerteventura, Gran Hotel Natura has a well-sheltered pool area, sauna and jacuzzi, and is right on a CO beach.  It's OK, but it's not 4star and not AI.  Can't offhand think of any other Fuerte hotels with a decent naturist area.

In Gran Canaria, a number of the hotels have naturist roof terraces and are AI.  The beach at Maspalomas has a naturist section but it's not very nice, and there are thousands of textiles walking past all the time gawking.

In Tenerife, again there are AI hotels with naturist roof terraces (I've stayed in Noelia Sur, for instance), but the beaches are horrid.

In Lanzarote, there are AI hotels with naturist roof terraces.  Look perhaps at the Mirador Papagayo, close to the naturist beach at Papagayo.

In mainland Spain, the Vera Playa Club hotel is right on the famous naturist beach.  Being further north, the season is much shorter (Jun-Sep basically).

JandiaFan

Thanks bedouin, we have stayed at H10 Timanfaya Palace and Los Jameos Playa in Lanzaraote which are both great hotels but only have a roof terrace and small garden respectively no other naturist facilities. Obviously no decent beach in Playa Blanca got to get over to Papagayo and the beach at Los Pocillos (Playa Honda) isn't very appealing.

Unless somebody else knows a gem we will stick with the MagicLife just have to work around the brief closure next year and hope it doesn't go the same way as the Fuerteventura Princess.

JF

luvfuert

What about the Club Jandia princess, next door. Has this still a naturist area?

bedouin

Quote from: JandiaFan on July 20, 2017, 17:52:45 PM

Unless somebody else knows a gem we will stick with the MagicLife just have to work around the brief closure next year and hope it doesn't go the same way as the Fuerteventura Princess.

I stayed in ML in May, for the first time, and hated it!  Thought the naturist area was small, cramped and a long way from the bar!  Not impressed by the queueing to get into the restaurant, or the fact that it like school dinners inside, with kids running around screaming all the time. 

JandiaFan

Good point luvfuert I always think of them as being one in the same but obviously they're not. I looked at the website and naturist pool is still mentioned at Club Jandia Princess. As it's the same owner I wonder what will happen ?.

I concede the points you make about the MagicLife bedouin but for us the positives out way the negatives, each to their own and all that.

JF

jg

No naturist area within the hotels but the Rui Oliva and Tres Islas have the clothing-optional Grandes Playas of Correlejo on their doorstep.
I understand that the Oliva is AI but probably not the Tres Islas.
JG

Beachfun

We have stayed in the Tres Isles many times and it is not A1 most are half board and standards and food excellent apart from being on the beach the sauna in the tres Isles, is mixed and most either have a towel round them or naked most are naked and nudity is never an issue......

Jimjo

We love Club Jandia Princess as this is the first time we both tried naturism together. We love the comfort of all inclusive, a fabulous hotel that you can get dressed for in the evenings and we spend our days on the beach in the stone circles. We always had a rule, never go back to the same place twice, until we stayed here. In a few weeks, this will be our third visit in 3 years. I have spent time at the hotels naturist pool but my wife still a little hesitant but this year she is willing to join me in the sauna so already counting down the days.

JandiaFan

We are not keen on Corralejo jg much prefer the South but thanks anyway.

Club Jandia Princess would definitely be an option as long as they retain the FKK area. We are currently at the MagicLife and the Spa area is very quiet which is not unusual for August. The weather is fantastic so we will be making the most of it.

Would still be interested to hear of any other hotels similar to these Jandia Princess or MagicLife.

Cheers JF

Jimjo

Jandia Fan, whats the beach, to the left, at the stone circles like at the moment? There in 7 weeks time, can't wait.

JandiaFan

Apologies for the slow response Jimjo, the beach below the Fuerteventura Princess is fine but overwhelmingly textile at this time of year. We have a car so prefer to go a bit further in particular Mal Nombre which is our favourite spot. It's been so calm the last few days you haven't really needed a stone circle and a good number of couples and families stripped off as usual. Sea flat calm and lovely and warm - perfect !.

JF

bedouin

If you like to spend days at Mal Nombre, have you considered VIK Risco del Gato in Costa Calma?  Each detached suite has a private courtyard with sunbeds and an outdoor shower.  Nice rooms too.  Ideal for naked sunbathing if it's a bit too windy on the beach.  My wife and I have stayed there a few times, it's very quiet and relaxed.

JandiaFan

Thanks bedouin I will look into that hotel, sorry to be brief beach beckons :)

JF