Ace, Beams and other IPTV streams

Started by Ironworks, July 16, 2017, 03:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironworks

These are paid streams. Paid streams are ideal for people that want reliability and ease-of-use, ie; villa owners who do holiday lets and want an easy to use system that has TV, movies and sports in multiple languages that a holidaymaker can use easily (without being on the phone to you p!ssing and whinging because they can't get their fix of Eastenders).

Shortlist the services that match your expectations (channels list, price etc) from this list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/137Yw178ruq_v7_33al_B1PoGPyuGCANDNhLnDGXdrVg/edit?usp=sharing

Then ideally open a support ticket to check their response times and support quality. Ask for a trial and check the actual quality of the streams. If you like it subscribe for 1 month and if you dont like it you can subscribe to another service.

decho

Ironworks

Thanks for the thanks ;)

Always glad to share the good info I find.

Just as a little follow-up... the things people might consider when shortlisting suitable candidates:

My eye was initially drawn to Ace TV via their reseller Beams. More info here: Beams TV - www.beams-tv.com

Their stream is available to work on a large number of devices ranging from Smart TV's (the streams sit inside an App on the TV called SmartIPTV - icon image is below for sake of easy recognition), as well as MAG Box, Amazon Firestick, Roku, Kodi, Apple, Android, PC and more.

Importantly, their stream is available in bandwidths ranging from 1500kbps - 9000kbps - perfect for the slow internet that we are burdened with here on the island.

It's only £10 a month for everything - all sports, live TV, movies, catch-up, box sets, etc,. You can actually get it for as little as £6 monthly for a full year pre-paid, but personally I'm not a fan of pre-paying in advance for an illegal service that could disappear at a moments notice.

24 hour free trial available, so you can try it risk-free and free-free!!

Decent 'How to Setup' documentation on www.beams-tv.com

Archer

Great information, Ironworks. Thanks.
I am happy to pay, but don't want to give a credit card that they can take money from each month. Especially when they are in Belize (?) Is there an option that allows payment for just one month at a time w/o ongoing committment? Or PayPal?
Thanks

Ironworks

Yes, you can pay by Paypal a month at a time.

spitfire58

Had a look for the smart iptv app & it doesn't appear on Apple shop ?? Is that correct ??

Ironworks

Apple users can download the GSE IPTV App...

Click top left 3 lines and click Xtream-Codes API

Click the + icon, enter BEAMS-TV into the name

Enter http://www.beams-tv.stream:25461 in the url section

Enter your username and password in the relevant boxes.

Click add then you will see BEAMS-TV in the list press it and then click Install EPG Data.

You will see 2 sections - LIVE AND VOD

The rest is pretty simple.

Ironworks

brennt

HI Spitfire85

See iptvwizard.ie
.for 3 day trial then 12.50europm pay as you go.
Brennt

keithtx

Thanks again Ironworks for another great post!!!

Will I need a VPN or DNS to use these services?

Ironworks

Mr G

Thanks  Ironworks.
Loaded the Smart iptv app on my Samsung Smart tv £5 for life, and then used Ace tv £10 a month to load the channels.
Great picture quality and selection of channels, occasional buffering but still worth £10 a month, a lot better than the more expensive Filmon.

charlatanefc

spitfire58

Does anyone know if the smart iptv app is available on a Sony TV ?

Ironworks

Not sure if it works on Sony, but it will work on an Android box which you can buy in Electron in Rosario for about â,¬50 , comes complete with a TV remote and a keyboard.

In fact Ace have options for most devices... PC, phone, MAG box, Android box, Roku, Firestick etc,.

I run Ace TV stream on a MAG (ex ZKTV) in my front room, and on a MAG software emulator called STBemu on an Amazon Firestick in my bedroom.

More info here: Beams TV - www.beams-tv.com - you'll also find installation guides there for all of the available options.

Baldy

Thanks for the information Ironworks, I am using Ace TV on my firestick whilst on the island and it works better than any other subscription I have tried 👍👍

Ironworks

Glad to help, and glad to read that you're happy with your TV system.

There are better things to do here on the island than waste time worrying about the telly  :D

Archer

I have just signed up to Ace tv, and I have to say I am not impressed.
I can't get it to go without constant buffering or freezing.
>:(

Mr G

That`s odd, I signed up in September and have occasional buffering, but most nights no problems at all.
All good last night watching BBC 1 and 2 only.

beachlife

Ive used a number of iptv services on the island, including ZKTV and found that they all suffer at some point from a bit of buffering for a very short time. The picture can stop for a second or 2 and then it will restart.

This usually happens when the contention rate (too many people using the internet) so the speed drops. It usually happens during the evenings when lots of people are on the internet, especially if a big football match or event is on, worst buffering/dropouts happen when it`s Barcelona v Madrid.

Never had a problem with buffering with any service during the day, even at 3 pm on a Saturday, as the Spanish tend not to watch things during the day (and their matches tend to be in the evening).

Archer

Thanks for your comments. The problem with buffering too much on catchup is that it eventually freezes, as it misses huge chunks of the prog. then there doesn't appear to be a way of recovering w/o the need to restart the prog and watch the whole thing over again.
I am using a Droidbox with Kodi etc and loads of apps, so wonder if clearing it down of some garbage may help? I'll try again tonight, then give it a miss if there's no improvement.

DaveW

I have not had buffering problems on the main channels with ZKTV (BBC1, ITV1 etc.) but get occasional buffering issues with the football channels as I think that they need more bandwidth.  I had an Android box but abandoned using that due to the poor performance and the technology stretching my IT competence.  If you want to give ZKTV a go they offer a 14 day free trial with no commitment.

Archer

No thanks.
Just reset the box, re-installed and updated the app., cleared off all unused apps and stopped others from auto-updating in kodi.
Now seems to work w/o buffering.
Ace gave me another 24hr free test, before I take the £10 option.
Fingers crossed.

Ironworks

Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but many of the channels on Ace are available in both standard definition and high definition, some are even ultra-high definition.

Here on Fuerteventura, with internet allegedly powered by goats on treadmills, your safest choice is to select the standard definition channels in order to avoid buffering.

My own experience, admittedly in Corralejo - where the internet is fairly reliable between 5 and 8mb - is zero buffering issues on standard def, some buffering on HD, and 'don't waste your time even trying' on Ultra HD.

Deso

I would also be inclined to by a Mag256 box if you are going down the IPTV route. They are made for IPTV and not cluttered with all the other software and Apps that Android boxes have.

Just be aware that there a lot of clones on the likes of Ebay. These people are reputable sellers.....

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Infomir
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Ironworks

This is a bit of a geeky post for the nerds and fiddlers amongst us...

Firstly I agree with post above, the easiest and most foolproof solution is a MAG 256 box.

For those with Android boxes, clear all the junk software off first (possibly even a factory reset), then I can recommend STBemu (available on Google Play) it basically emulates an Infomir MAG box.

Ironically, i have an actual MAG 255 in the front room, and STBemu set to emulate a MAG 256 running on an Amazon Fire in the bedroom - the picture is better in the bedroom running on the emulator!

Why use STBemu instead of any other software? It's simply got better menus and is altogether easier to use once set up, and more like using a SKY/Virgin set-top box than any of the other options I've found.

Even my wifes mum can use it, and she pisses the bed and dribbles on herself ;)

Ace specific STBemu settings here:
https://ace-tv.co.uk/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=6

Archer

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I only view on sd channels.
Buffering is reduced, but I cannot get full functionality of the Ace catchup option. Maybe I'm missing something in Kodi.
So, as I use a Droidbox with Kodi, can I clear it down completely and load this STBemu emulator and start again, or should I buy a Firestick?

beachlife

Quote from: Ironworks on October 06, 2017, 00:21:08 AM

For those with Android boxes, clear all the junk software off first (possibly even a factory reset), then I can recommend STBemu (available on Google Play) it basically emulates an Infomir MAG box.

Ace specific STBemu settings here:
https://ace-tv.co.uk/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=6

Great post.

I have a 250 box and have had to use Spectro fork to get it to use Kodi 17. Do you know if I will I be likely to be able to install both STBemu and fork Kodi on a 250 box ?

Canary dweller

Ironworks,
Pardon me for asking, but after your comment re. wifes mum;
Are your balls still in the bag they came in?
Just curious..........

spitfire58

Quote from: Canary dweller on October 06, 2017, 20:02:37 PM
Ironworks,
Pardon me for asking, but after your comment re. wifes mum;
Are your balls still in the bag they came in?
Just curious..........

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣