Applying for VV and managing taxation afterwards

Started by peteT, July 20, 2017, 06:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peteT

Hello,

we have been owning a house in La Capellania for a few years. Recently we haven't been been able to use it much, so we thought about letting it to tourists. The VV application should be no problem, since it is a residential area. I know about a few agents that do the application on your behalf.

Do you have any recommendations for accountants or agents who take care of the quarterly IGIC declaration? Is it difficult to do myself? Is there any guide for this matter? 

Is ASCAV helpful with this kind of matters or is it an association with a primarily political agenda?

Best Regards and Thanks!

SheilaW

I do know that some estate agents will want to sell an entire package of VV licence, accountancy and management, and that it may be very much the most expensive way to do it all. You'd do much better to get the licence through a gestoria - it's a simple and cheap business in terms of licence, although you may need to spend money on the place to comply with the terms. A gestoria will probably handle tax too. I don't have to deal with IGIC in my business, but it's only a form to fill in (quarterly, I think), plus an entry on your annual tax return. It should be pretty simple, although I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself if you aren't here and fluent in Spanish - you could miss something to easily. Management is easily dealt with by any local small firm - many couples do it here, but find one that operates legally (you'll want to deduct the expense from taxable income, after all).

I would very much recommend Canary Admin Services as an initial contact point. Sabrina Williams was very helpful when I contacted her and her business is established on La Capellania, so she's about as local as you could ever get.